The Student Room Group

I don’t feel like going to university

I have a conditional offer to study law but I have a strange gut feeling that I shouldn’t go to university and I’m not entirely sure if the university will give a unconditional offer instead a conditional offer.
Do you have any reasons except a gut feeling? Justifications?
Well, I feel like my grades won’t be good enough since I have a conditional offer. Also I have dreamt the idea of taking a gap year for a really long time
Original post by Patagonia
Do you have any reasons except a gut feeling? Justifications?
Original post by Sweaterweather
Well, I feel like my grades won’t be good enough since I have a conditional offer. Also I have dreamt the idea of taking a gap year for a really long time

Well these are different things.

First off: gap year v Uni. You have (a small) amount of time to decide, start thinking now get a piece of paper and speak to your parents, what do u want to do in your gap year is it worth it, do you need a full year? (if you want to travel to the far east something could you do this in the summer after first year)
If you decide on a gap year, no worries then defer, if not continue to Uni.

What if you miss the grades, well this depends on what grades you get, You may well still get accepted... then do you want to go to your backup, enter clearing or resit... for law if you want to get a top corporate job then you should probably seriously consider the prestige of the Uni, if not then do what suits you best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending