The Student Room Group

work experience?

hi, I want to do work experience but its a bit late... I mean our school breaks up this Friday...and I just found out that a lot of people are doing work experience during the summer. I'm in year ten right now going to year eleven. I was wondering where other people did their work experience and if they know any places I could maybe do it at? I'm not too sure what I'm interested in in terms of jobs and stuff and what I want to do when I'm older so I just want to try a range of things and see what I like and stuff. hope that makes sense thanks would appreciate any help
It’s year 10 so ales you want to become a doctor I wouldn’t be worried. All these people will be doing is shadowing I assume.

Having said that you should start looking towards the back end of year 11/ start of year 12. I didn’t have a clue what I wanted to do until I was in University.

The best thing you can do is get varied experience but don’t get overly anxious about it being this year as you are still very young. Enjoy yourself imo but I’m sure others will disagree!
Can you let me know what area you live in? I'm in Southampton and I did one at critical software. You could also try Leonardo which is everywhere in England and has a good work experience program. Just email places you would be interested in and include your CV. You could try Police, Fire Service, I know the hospitals do them.
Birmingham xx
Original post by Gerbler
Can you let me know what area you live in?

Quick Reply

Latest