Will I be accepted into Lancaster if I miss out by one grade? Watch

ilycreer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm hoping to study Marketing at Lancaster University this September but I'm worried I won't meet the requirement grades (ABB - reduced from AAB as I made it my firm choice).
I'm worried about the second B as I really struggled in gaining high marks in Geography A-level.
Would Lancaster accept me if I got AAC? or ABC?
Also does anyone know if Marketing is oversubscribed at Lancaster?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wait and see.
On my way!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i am a student at lancaster uni, if you do miss by one grade you will still very very likely get in. Some of my friends were in the same situation and still got in. I would be very very suprised if you didnt get accepted.

(Original post by ilycreer)
I'm hoping to study Marketing at Lancaster University this September but I'm worried I won't meet the requirement grades (ABB - reduced from AAB as I made it my firm choice).
I'm worried about the second B as I really struggled in gaining high marks in Geography A-level.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ilycreer)
It will all depend what the other applicants get and how many there were this year, one grade drop isn't unheard of but as they already reduced it i wouldn't expect them to drop it much if at all.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unis often misrepresent the grades they actually require.

By way of example, Lancaster requires AAB for law. But I submitted an FOI request and discovered for 2017, 31% of their intake had ABB and another 31% had BBB.

Here is the link: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1094761

I think it is more more than possible that they would accept students 2-3 grades below the stated offer, especially for a less competitive course.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi ilycreer,
I can't give a definite answer and you'll only know for sure on results day but there are currently clearing places for marketing. This means there's still spaces and means its more likely you'll be accepted on slightly lower grades. If you go onto track on results day and find you have been rejected, definitely call up as there are definitely still places!
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions,
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.74%
Excited (150)
8.97%
Worried (303)
18.12%
Terrified (374)
22.37%
Meh (154)
9.21%
Confused (37)
2.21%