What is the quickest way to get to University BA in Animation Watch

Sparklekitty104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently doing my gcse’s. I’m wondering what ways I can get to uni? Would i have to do A Levels (2 years) then an art and design foundation diploma (1 year) in order to join a university? Is there a quicker route? Tia
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many universities accept people straight from A levels.

If you’re 100% sure that you want to study a creative degree then you could take an art based extended diploma (btec or ualab) instead of A levels. It’s still 2 years but it’s much more art focused than A levels so you’d have more opportunities to develop your portfolio and try different media.
Sparklekitty104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Many universities accept people straight from A levels.

If you’re 100% sure that you want to study a creative degree then you could take an art based extended diploma (btec or ualab) instead of A levels. It’s still 2 years but it’s much more art focused than A levels so you’d have more opportunities to develop your portfolio and try different media.
Thank you for your reply, id much prefer that. I've not heard of ualab before so we will check that out. Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sparklekitty104)
Thank you for your reply, id much prefer that. I've not heard of ualab before so we will check that out. Thanks
Ualab is just the ual exam board that awards their pre degree qualifications. I would say the btec extended diploma is generally a better choice but it depends what exam board your local colleges choose to use.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.55%
Excited (156)
9.15%
Worried (306)
17.95%
Terrified (379)
22.23%
Meh (166)
9.74%
Confused (37)
2.17%