The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Place at (Portsmouth) halls need taking over?

Anyone here have a room in any Portsmouth halls that needs taking over? I'm pretty desperate to get into halls but they're all booked ^^'

I definitely understand that it's my fault for deciding to go back to halls far too late but since I see posts like this every now and again I figured it's worth a shot!

Aiming for a place around 150 pounds per week with a 44 week contract, cheers!
Hi @cheesemine

So sorry that you haven't gotten a room in halls.

I believe there is a wait list with the housing department for if someone pulls out of halls last minute. Because the contact is done through the University I don't think even if someone contacted you, that you would be able to take their place because there will be a process and wait list in place for if this happens.

I think your best bet is to contact housing and ask if there is a wait list and if you can be added onto it. If not, there are Secure A House events which are running in August to help you find a house and people to live with.

Alex - UoP Rep :smile:
Original post by cheesemine
Anyone here have a room in any Portsmouth halls that needs taking over? I'm pretty desperate to get into halls but they're all booked ^^'

I definitely understand that it's my fault for deciding to go back to halls far too late but since I see posts like this every now and again I figured it's worth a shot!

Aiming for a place around 150 pounds per week with a 44 week contract, cheers!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
@cheesemine
We have a spare room in our house if you are interested feel free to message me.

@University of Portsmouth Is it possible for us to include our property in one of these Secure A House events? Is there a relevant email I can contact? Thank you.

Original post by University of Portsmouth
Hi @cheesemine

So sorry that you haven't gotten a room in halls.

I believe there is a wait list with the housing department for if someone pulls out of halls last minute. Because the contact is done through the University I don't think even if someone contacted you, that you would be able to take their place because there will be a process and wait list in place for if this happens.

I think your best bet is to contact housing and ask if there is a wait list and if you can be added onto it. If not, there are Secure A House events which are running in August to help you find a house and people to live with.

Original post by ru.xy
@cheesemine
We have a spare room in our house if you are interested feel free to message me.

@University of Portsmouth Is it possible for us to include our property in one of these Secure A House events? Is there a relevant email I can contact? Thank you.

Hi @ru.xy

Unfortunatly, all of the houses advertised in the Secure a Home events are owned by University approved Landlords. Your Landlord would need to be included on this list. The main aim of the event is to get together with a group of like minded individuals and find an approved house.

You can email the housing team to check at [email protected] - but I don't think they would be able to advertise your room at these events.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending