The Student Room Group

Are we a bit too casual with saying "I love you"?

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way but, I feel like my casual, natural use of "I love you" has become a bad habit. When I'm leaving the house, every time I hang up the phone the list is endless 😂

Of course I do say "I love you" with sincerity, to those important in my life. My parents for instance.

I say these 3 strong words subconsciously most of the time, sometimes accidental. If a loved one says "love you" I mirror it instantly.

Have these 3 full words lost its real romantic meaning now that its an accepted form of true affection among friends etc?

This has always been a thought I can never come to conclusions with
(edited 4 years ago)
Personally don't have this problem.
Reply 2
moved to Relationships :heart::lovedup:
yes.

i will only say it to one person, ever.
One of my ex's forced me to say it on our second date, no joke...
Yes, I say it to someone I don't like.
not me personally, I've only told my parents I love them, and only occasionally. I think the words have become meaningless, better to show w actions
Original post by HumbleBee_x

Have these 3 full words lost its real romantic meaning now that its an accepted form of true affection among friends etc?

Yes
I don't say it to human pals.
Sometimes to german shepherd dogs and guard rottweilers.
I’ve only said it to my cat because I mean it 😂
no. love can mean different things; i think it can be used for platonic and romantic love.
nah, people have a lot of genuine love that manifests in different ways, and i think it's nice if they express that as often as they feel the need to
Expressing love though words has lowkey lost value and almost taken for granted by some
Original post by killua.
nah, people have a lot of genuine love that manifests in different ways, and i think it's nice if they express that as often as they feel the need to
Reply 13
yeh i say it back to practically everyone...even if i dislike them.
Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So pleeeeeeeeeeease, love me do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending