eridiff321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone have any websites or youtube channels to recommend for tutorials on learning Revit or 3DSMax?

My uni doesn't focus on pricing in projects but I feel its important and would like to learn some basics of the financial aspect during my projects in third year. What is a good way to figure out the cost of your building project? Are there websites out there that have average cost analysis of different aspects of the building process (labour, equiptment, materials, etc)? (Or is my best bet to manually add up the price by quantity of each material?)

And lastly are there any good sources out there (websites, books, etc) to depend on for learning more about sustainable building and low-carbon/eco-friendly building materials. Theres a lot of contradicting information out there that even with lectures I dont feel confident in my choices for a sustainble strategy.

So advice from masters/phd students and those in practice would be highly appreciated!
cyw1994
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
U mean to say up until 3rd year u still haven’t learn Revit urself or by the school? What University did u go to just curious?

Also, 3DsMax is more for Interior. Archi usually uses sketchup OR rhino or microstation.

(Original post by eridiff321)
Does anyone have any websites or youtube channels to recommend for tutorials on learning Revit or 3DSMax?

My uni doesn't focus on pricing in projects but I feel its important and would like to learn some basics of the financial aspect during my projects in third year. What is a good way to figure out the cost of your building project? Are there websites out there that have average cost analysis of different aspects of the building process (labour, equiptment, materials, etc)? (Or is my best bet to manually add up the price by quantity of each material?)

And lastly are there any good sources out there (websites, books, etc) to depend on for learning more about sustainable building and low-carbon/eco-friendly building materials. Theres a lot of contradicting information out there that even with lectures I dont feel confident in my choices for a sustainble strategy.

So advice from masters/phd students and those in practice would be highly appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads