Is it desperate to like a girl I met online? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We have video called each other for hours, we have chatted for hours -I've known her for 7 months.

Am I desperate to really like her even though we never met in person? She asked me to meet a few times but we're far away and I'm really shy :/

She's also an 8-9/10 and I'm a 6 at best so theres that.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We have video called each other for hours, we have chatted for hours -I've known her for 7 months.

Am I desperate to really like her even though we never met in person? She asked me to meet a few times but we're far away and I'm really shy :/

your shyness will be your undoing.

A girl as good looking as you claim isn't going to keep begging you forever. I'm surprised actually that she's not found someone else by now.

Hurry up and meet her before you loose her, you're already on borrowed time..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
your shyness will be your undoing.

A girl as good looking as you claim isn't going to keep begging you forever. I'm surprised actually that she's not found someone else by now.

Hurry up and meet her before you loose her, you're already on borrowed time..
She is not begging me, she suggested we meet because she was in London for 3 days with her friend (I live up North and she asked me to go meet her). She hadnt come just for me.
Palmyra
Report 1 month ago
Depending on how old/capable you are, you should consider making the effort to meet her to see if you have chemistry in real life, rather than going on for years like this!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Palmyra)
Depending on how old/capable you are, you should consider making the effort to meet her to see if you have chemistry in real life, rather than going on for years like this!
I'm 21, she's 19. We will have chemistry, we have talked for hours on video call. What would be so different irl? I suffer from social anxiety though and I find it difficult to go out.

We definitely won't be going like this, she has tons of guys on her from insta/FB. She had a fwb when we first met but quickly ended it.
julietlima3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are a lot of mannerisms that aren't apparent over the internet. That you have social anxiety and don't like going out could well be a dealbreaker too.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

It isn't desperate, but you'll lose her if you never meet her.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm 21, she's 19. We will have chemistry, we have talked for hours on video call. What would be so different irl? I suffer from social anxiety though and I find it difficult to go out.

We definitely won't be going like this, she has tons of guys on her from insta/FB. She had a fwb when we first met but quickly ended it.
Online chemistry is very different from real life chemistry. You can't expect things to keep going only online.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bla bla She's also an 8-9/10 bla
Pics or she isn't really an 8-9/10.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No... next question.
NoTearsLeftToCry
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
video call for hours and apparently you’re shy? if you’re shy then there needs to be another word invented for the actual shy ppl
JMH1628
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To answer the title. No. That is how the majority of younger people meet nowadays. Instant access, convenient bla de bla. Most of these connections won't last. Sure, they may for a few years, but one you mature and develop in your true self, you'll find you'll meet someone the old fashioned way.

Now, to the other issue at hand. Meet her and potentially have nothing come from it. It could turn out really well. At least you'd have given it a shot.

Don't meet her and know 100% nothing will come from it. You won't have made a step to combat your issues.

Doing.things outside of your comfort zone is part of shaping you. Too many people now claim they're socially awkward or depressed or have real mental issues. Most dont.

There there really is only one thing to do, logically.
Last edited by JMH1628; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Of course you should meet her! You obviously like what you know of her and vice versa. Either of you may find that once you meet, you aren’t as attracted in real life. But you’ve spent a lot of time talking so you’ve both probably revealed quite a bit of the “real person”.

As for feeling anxious about meeting her - well it wouldn’t be normal if you didn’t feel anxious. This is important to you (and to her) and you both want it to turn out well, so of course you’ll be nervous. But you’ve got to go for it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hmmm can’t edit my post so I’ll just add to it....That was the voice of age and experience talking - been there, done that and we are still together 20 years later. (And our north-south divide was hemispheres!)
keptinside
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s never desperate to like someone.. unless it’s an anime character
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.51%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.4%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.75%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.4%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.69%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise