Older guys taking advantage of younger girls

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have watched so many of my girl friends be approached and basically manipulated by older guys. Most of them are 16 and the guys are mostly 19-21. They always ask first ‘ how old are u? Are u over the legal age ?’ And then I watched this guy basically make this girl fall in love with him by texting her everyday, stalking her account, driving her everywhere taking her out and then dropped her out of nowhere and it’s been a year and she still can’t get over him. She texts him and he just ignores her.

I would never date an older guy because I know their intentions, and plus I have a boyfriend. But on Facebook this older guy I know through friends added me on fb and I accepted, then a couple days later he adds me on insta then dms me sending me messages filled with X’s, even though he has never once seen me out or chatted to me ever. My boyfriend has been messaging him on my account cause he was interested in what his intentions were. Sent him friendly messages with no X’s back just about how his day was, then as soon as the boyfriend was mention he deleted me off everything and immediately stopped messaging me. Twice in the last year two older guys have messaged me ( even though they are strangers) trying to chat me up but I turn them down.

I just don’t understand why older guys (19-21) do this ? Can they not find someone their own age ? Why are they purposefully seeking impressionable young girls and dm them when they don’t know anything about them ? I just don’t understand it. I’m sick of watching my friends be manipulated by these stupid guys lol who have no intention of caring for the girl just using them until they find another young girl.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have watched so many of my girl friends be approached and basically manipulated by older guys. Most of them are 16 and the guys are mostly 19-21. They always ask first ‘ how old are u? Are u over the legal age ?’ And then I watched this guy basically make this girl fall in love with him by texting her everyday, stalking her account, driving her everywhere taking her out and then dropped her out of nowhere and it’s been a year and she still can’t get over him. She texts him and he just ignores her.

I would never date an older guy because I know their intentions, and plus I have a boyfriend. But on Facebook this older guy I know through friends added me on fb and I accepted, then a couple days later he adds me on insta then dms me sending me messages filled with X’s, even though he has never once seen me out or chatted to me ever. My boyfriend has been messaging him on my account cause he was interested in what his intentions were. Sent him friendly messages with no X’s back just about how his day was, then as soon as the boyfriend was mention he deleted me off everything and immediately stopped messaging me. Twice in the last year two older guys have messaged me ( even though they are strangers) trying to chat me up but I turn them down.

I just don’t understand why older guys (19-21) do this ? Can they not find someone their own age ? Why are they purposefully seeking impressionable young girls and dm them when they don’t know anything about them ? I just don’t understand it. I’m sick of watching my friends be manipulated by these stupid guys lol who have no intention of caring for the girl just using them until they find another young girl.
If they are asking ‘are you over the legal age’ I think it’s time to raise the alarm
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
They sound like egotistical jerks with short attention spans, targeting the teenager girls above the legal age of consent but too young for tinder.
Probably because girls their own age know that they are jerks and won't give them the time of day.
That said as a teenager I dated much older guys who didn't take advantage of me and were upset when I ended things.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They just want to get laid and girls their age have gotten wise to that tactic, because guys older than them already tried it.

It's the circle of life.
joe goldberg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yet people think sugar daddies are a good thing
mypwnsupport
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
If they are asking ‘are you over the legal age’ I think it’s time to raise the alarm
Yeah, that's definitely creepy, I would never ask that. Asking "how old are you" or whatever is fine, but going straight for asking if she's legal is probably a dead giveaway of the guy's intentions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads