Best ipad for students- pro 2018 or air 2019?

Watch this thread
Vandanny1
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys! Ill start studying medicine this september and wanted to go paperless because i spent a good bit on paper and printing during my first degree. I intend to use an ipad with the ipencil. I was wondering which ipad would be best in terms of price and durability (lasting 5 years of med school)? Is there really any point spending potentially 500 more quid on the ipad pro just because it is more future proof with the usb c port (this would be handy for transferring files esp. with the new ios coming out this autumn?)
Thanks again, Dan
loganau2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
If you already have a laptop that you will be bringing with you to your lectures, then go with the entry level 2019 iPad. But if you are planning on using the iPad as your notetaking device, go for the iPad pro 100% for three main reasons:
1. The iPad pro's newer generation Apple pencil is far more convenient than the standard one since it can be charged through the iPad pro's dedicated magnet (wireless charging).
2. The smaller iPad pro's screen is bigger than the largest 2019 iPad screen (10.5 vs 9.7) which does not seem like a lot, but when you're writing and using the split screen ie; note taking whilst having a textbook open.
3. The four speaker grills makes watching entertainment ten times better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (105)
68.63%
No (31)
20.26%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
11.11%

Watched Threads