miawaters
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm starting uni at Glasgow in September and I have been offered accommodation at Winton Drive, eventhough it wasn't one of my choices. I have read awful reviews about it and I was wondering if it was better to go to a private accommodation which is the same price but much nicer. However I'm not sure if I'll meet people in my same situation (first year students), and in that respect I believe Winton Drive might be a better choice. What should I do?
loganau2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well it depends, if you know how to cook and don't mind doing so on a daily basis, then you'd be better off staying in private accommodations since you'd be saving a good amount of money and/or be staying in a nicer place. It all boils down to whether or not you would rely on the benefits of university accommodations ie; catering, cleaners, proximity to school, ect. ect.
Hoilun
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same here. I’m a first year , and is given the place in Wolfson Hall (not one of my choices ). I was thinking about staying there or choosing the private one... :/
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Private accommodation is usually occupied by second and third year students. I'd recommend sticking with university owned accommodation if you're wanting to live with other first years.
linneakarlberg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm in the same boat ;-) Winton Drive was not one of my choices but I have settled..
linneakarlberg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by miawaters)
Hi, I'm starting uni at Glasgow in September and I have been offered accommodation at Winton Drive, eventhough it wasn't one of my choices. I have read awful reviews about it and I was wondering if it was better to go to a private accommodation which is the same price but much nicer. However I'm not sure if I'll meet people in my same situation (first year students), and in that respect I believe Winton Drive might be a better choice. What should I do?
If you end up staying there we should get in touch! :-) I'm @elsalinneakarlberg on instagram
Katieburgess
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m in Winton too; I don’t remember applying for it but the location looks good and my standards weren’t super high to begin with 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)