academic reference? Watch

Hoyo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I need a reference from my university so I can prove the last 5 years I was doing something productive (for a job at the airport or even post grad) but the problem is that I wasn't on the best terms with any of my teachers, (was never in classes, didn't do the work,ignored emails etc) I didn't realize at the time of my course I would need a reference from them eventually...

is there a way to get a reference off the university to prove I was there without going to my tutors about it? I was kinda hoping that the fact I got the degree would prove it but I guess not.
stabilo20619
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you deserve a suitable reference if you didn't attend classes and didn't do any work. You basically want them to lie and write something pleasant so you get a job?!
Hoyo
Rep:
?
(Original post by stabilo20619)
Why do you deserve a suitable reference if you didn't attend classes and didn't do any work. You basically want them to lie and write something pleasant so you get a job?!
I only need something to say what I was doing the past 3 years, they don't need to embellish and lie. That just wouldn't make sense.

I still got the degree so I don't really see why it's an issue that that isn't just proof
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hoyo)
I need a reference from my university so I can prove the last 5 years I was doing something productive (for a job at the airport or even post grad) but the problem is that I wasn't on the best terms with any of my teachers, (was never in classes, didn't do the work,ignored emails etc) I didn't realize at the time of my course I would need a reference from them eventually...

is there a way to get a reference off the university to prove I was there without going to my tutors about it? I was kinda hoping that the fact I got the degree would prove it but I guess not.
Surely there is some kind of student admin office that you can contact? Most references these days are "x worked in this job between these dates", so you wouldn't be getting more than a letter stating the dates you were at uni.
Hoyo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Surely there is some kind of student admin office that you can contact? Most references these days are "x worked in this job between these dates", so you wouldn't be getting more than a letter stating the dates you were at uni.
like the student service office? hmmm maybe... ill try and look to see if they have an email or phone number, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.77%
Excited (122)
8.2%
Worried (279)
18.75%
Terrified (343)
23.05%
Meh (123)
8.27%
Confused (34)
2.28%