dan rhys
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’ve got an application in with Keele university and it’s physiotherapy with integrated masters and a foundation year so the course is 5 years in total.I’m just wondering has anyone been to Keele for this length of time and if so I’m just wondering what it’s like? I’m a little bit worried about the length of the course, and whether I’ll have plenty to do at the university or not
Last edited by dan rhys; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Personally, I think the university is fantastic. This may be biased since I am a Keele student, but it has got amazing facilities and has a fairly good student life associated with the uni. I will say that it is more of a town than a city, so it's quite different to Manchester or London so if you are a social person who enjoys the nightlife or social events, this might be something that you might want to take into account. Also, the university isn't great in terms of diversity, it is quite predominantly white in comparison to other universities. However, it is one of the cheapest places to live if you are considering accommodation there! Let me know if you have any further questions!
dan rhys
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Brilliant thank you, it seems as though it’s all good to me, although I am quite social I think I could cope with it. How long have you been there and have you ever gotten bored or wished you’d gone elsewhere? Biggest fear is coming to my 3 year, getting bored but knowing I have another 2 years. I could be worried over nothing
(Original post by Anonymous)
Personally, I think the university is fantastic. This may be biased since I am a Keele student, but it has got amazing facilities and has a fairly good student life associated with the uni. I will say that it is more of a town than a city, so it's quite different to Manchester or London so if you are a social person who enjoys the nightlife or social events, this might be something that you might want to take into account. Also, the university isn't great in terms of diversity, it is quite predominantly white in comparison to other universities. However, it is one of the cheapest places to live if you are considering accommodation there! Let me know if you have any further questions!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
this is my second year at the university, but I absolutely do not regret my decision at all! I feel in love with the university when I came to the open day, and I just knew that this was the right place for me. Occasionally, it does get a bit dead, but it is actually rated number one for student satisfaction and there are so many societies and clubs to join, that I am 110% sure you would not get bored of the university. Plus, I'm not sure where you would have your classes, but they recently opened up the David Attenborough labs a few years ago, and they are amazing!! I can guarantee you will have a fantastic time there
(Original post by dan rhys)
Brilliant thank you, it seems as though it’s all good to me, although I am quite social I think I could cope with it. How long have you been there and have you ever gotten bored or wished you’d gone elsewhere? Biggest fear is coming to my 3 year, getting bored but knowing I have another 2 years. I could be worried over nothing
PurpleGhost25175
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey there. I have been at Keele for 5 years now. I did the science foundation year before moving on to psychology but then I switched to Natural Sciences (felt there was more opportunities to do a masters in 2 different courses as opposed to just in one) so I had to resit the year. So deffo been here 5 years. My advice will be to make friends on your course who are on the same time scale as you preferably if they are on Msci route. You'll find that less lonely. When I had to resit the year, I had some friends that in the year below that I got on well with so it made it bearable.

On another note, if you have Facebook join the Keele University Student Life 2019/2020 page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1982...?ref=bookmarks) to keep up to date with events around campus. You can find group chats for flatmates and group mates too

I know a lot of students who did physio with a FY as a second degree (they were in their early 30's when they graduated) and they were often on placement. You may find that your course keeps you busy especially in 3rd and 4th year. The foundation year is busier than 1st year and is more on par with 3rd year on how busy it is. So you may find that you don't really have time to yourself. If you have your own car, you may find it easier to travel to placement rather than relying on public transport (there are 2 bus services but they are very rarely on time)
Last edited by PurpleGhost25175; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • Keele University