tutoring companies for gap year students Watch

Chez 01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone know of another company like yipiyap and kumon, where gap year students can do tutoring? (preferably in manchester)
JSC08
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chez 01)
does anyone know of another company like yipiyap and kumon, where gap year students can do tutoring? (preferably in manchester)
I was a Yipiyap tutor in Manchester and really enjoyed it. I recommend them if you're looking for a job over your gap year!
Hannah Allan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yipiyap are pretty unique in their offering - the only ones like it. I would definitely recommend you having a look at their website to get a real feel and understanding of their gap year offering.

I know they are actively looking in Manchester at the moment - it's an area they are really looking to grow so I'm sure they would be keen to talk to anyone with strong A Levels in Maths, Science or English who are definitely looking to take a gap year in September.
Chez 01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i did apply in yipiyap but at the time when i had my first interview they asked me how definite it was that ill be taking a gap year, at the time i was in two minds gap year or uni and i told them its not definite. so they didnt give me a second interview and said that they would get back to me on results day to see if ive changed my mind. but if i dont get in to that i was just wondering if there was anything else

or even a job or any kind of gap year placements? because im struggling to find something that i like
(Original post by Hannah Allan)
Yipiyap are pretty unique in their offering - the only ones like it. I would definitely recommend you having a look at their website to get a real feel and understanding of their gap year offering.

I know they are actively looking in Manchester at the moment - it's an area they are really looking to grow so I'm sure they would be keen to talk to anyone with strong A Levels in Maths, Science or English who are definitely looking to take a gap year in September.
Hannah Allan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know that Yipiyap do prefer those A Level students who are more likely to take a Gap Year than not so if you were really wavering then I expect that's why there was a little hesitation on their side, didn't want to waste anymore of your time and all that.

It sounds like now you are completely committed to a Gap Year so if I were you I'd pick up the 'phone to them now and say you're really keen to come on board in September - I know they are still actively looking for Tutors.

You'd still have to complete your Second Interview mind.

Hope all of this helps!
i did apply in yipiyap but at the time when i had my first interview they asked me how definite it was that ill be taking a gap year, at the time i was in two minds gap year or uni and i told them its not definite. so they didnt give me a second interview and said that they would get back to me on results day to see if ive changed my mind. but if i dont get in to that i was just wondering if there was anything else

or even a job or any kind of gap year placements? because im struggling to find something that i like
anonymoussse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i just applied to yipiyap...yall omg this is literally the most perfect company for me?!!! i was looking for tutoring opportunities for so long because i have some obsession with helping people with their homework but a lot of the companies required a degree

????????????? im screaming ????????? im so happy

i didnt even know how to explain how perfect this role was for me because i genuinely love tutoring..i tried to hide how intensely excited i was lmao hopefully i dont come across as mildy interested because i toned down my excitement sooo much

if i dont get recruited i'd be so sad literally nothing has fitted me like a glove as much as this company's role does and i just have to express my excitment (i have really intense emotions omg on the inside i'm like "FSSGUDFHGDUGHDFHGDUGHFGDUGH DGHG PHIJGFG OHMYGOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but on the outside and this post, i'm like "omg !!")
Last edited by anonymoussse; 4 weeks ago
Hannah Allan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good stuff; so pleased that you've found something you like.

They're pretty good with their comms - I am sure you will hear from someone soon (don't go overboard with the OMGs - stay cool, calm and collected!). And helping people is definitely the name of the game at Yipiyap - your year will be all about supporting school kids.

I've got everything crossed for you!
(Original post by anonymoussse)
i just applied to yipiyap...yall omg this is literally the most perfect company for me?!!! i was looking for tutoring opportunities for so long because i have some obsession with helping people with their homework but a lot of the companies required a degree

i didnt even know how to explain how perfect this role was for me because i genuinely love tutoring..i tried to hide how intensely excited i was lmao hopefully i dont come across as mildy interested because i toned down my excitement sooo much

if i dont get recruited i'd be so sad literally nothing has fitted me like a glove as much as this company's role does and i just have to express my excitment (i have really intense emotions omg on the inside i'm like "FSSGUDFHGDUGHDFHGDUGHFGDUGH DGHG PHIJGFG OHMYGOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" but on the outside and this post, i'm like "omg !!")
Chez 01
Rep:
?
awh, im so happy for you, good luck with the application. i hope you get in!
(Original post by anonymoussse)

Chez 01
Rep:
?
yes thankyou, thats what i was thinking of doing but im just a little nervous because a friend of mine didnt get in after the second interview
I know that Yipiyap do prefer those A Level students who are more likely to take a Gap Year than not so if you were really wavering then I expect that's why there was a little hesitation on their side, didn't want to waste anymore of your time and all that.

It sounds like now you are completely committed to a Gap Year so if I were you I'd pick up the 'phone to them now and say you're really keen to come on board in September - I know they are still actively looking for Tutors.

You'd still have to complete your Second Interview mind.

Hope all of this helps!
Hannah Allan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t be nervous or put off by the fact your friend didn’t get offered a job - everyone’s different.Definitely apply!Yipiyap do set the bar high but I’m sure you’d cut the mustard!
Chez 01
Rep:
?
Don’t be nervous or put off by the fact your friend didn’t get offered a job - everyone’s different.Definitely apply!Yipiyap do set the bar high but I’m sure you’d cut the mustard!
do you know anyone who has completed a placement with yipiyap. id be great to hear from people who have and to get some answers to some questions
JSC08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you're definitely taking a gap year now I'd recommend getting back in touch with them to let them know. They may still be interviewing so it's worth a shot!

Chez 01
Rep:
?
(Original post by JSC08)
If you're definitely taking a gap year now I'd recommend getting back in touch with them to let them know. They may still be interviewing so it's worth a shot!
yes i did get back in touch, and they've arranged another meeting for me, i hope it goes well
Chez 01
Rep:
?
do you know if its a full time or part time, do they require you to be there from the start of the school day till the end of the school day
(Original post by JSC08)
Hannah Allan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Whoop! Whoop! Nice one! Good luck! You'll smash it - I'm sure.
yes i did get back in touch, and they've arranged another meeting for me, i hope it goes well
Hannah Allan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Full time - essentially your contract would be for the full academic year - start with them in September 2019 and finish in July 2020 - eleven months.

Typically you would work five days a week and school hours so 09:00 to 15:30 ish.

And obviously you have all the normal school holidays off - a perfect Gap Year in my eyes!
do you know if its a full time or part time, do they require you to be there from the start of the school day till the end of the school day
Chez 01
Rep:
?
thankyou!
Whoop! Whoop! Nice one! Good luck! You'll smash it - I'm sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (70)
14.14%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.35%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
18.99%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (196)
39.6%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.25%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.67%