Incredibly low predicted grade even though I always get distinction Watch

YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm at college and I have 70% atttendance. Because of my attendance, my teachers have made my predicted grade for UCAS MMP (merit merit pass). In ALL of my assignments and exams we've done so far I have got distinction/distinction*. The entry requirement for uni is DDM (distinction distinction merit), so now I won't get any offers even though I always get the highest grade possible for every unit we've done so far.
methatoneyknow
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you asking a question?
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by methatoneyknow)
Are you asking a question?
What do I do
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
I'm at college and I have 70% atttendance. Because of my attendance, my teachers have made my predicted grade for UCAS MMP (merit merit pass). In ALL of my assignments and exams we've done so far I have got distinction/distinction*. The entry requirement for uni is DDM (distinction distinction merit), so now I won't get any offers even though I always get the highest grade possible for every unit we've done so far.
I'm guessing you've finished college for the summer now?

When you go back in September, I'd talk to your tutors or whoever sets the grades, and explain the situation. Tell them the unis/courses you are specifically aiming for. Then see if you can negotiate some kind of deal e.g. if you can maintain 98%+ attendance between the start of term and applying to uni, they will up your predictions.

Statistically, an attendance of 70% (which will work out at missing over a day a week) will affect people's grades, so I can see on paper why the college have done this.

However, if there's a reason (e.g. health problems, caring responsibilities) why your attendance is so low, it's worth discussing this with college too and they may cut you some slack.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (167)
13.04%
Excited (111)
8.67%
Worried (235)
18.35%
Terrified (299)
23.34%
Meh (103)
8.04%
Confused (32)
2.5%