The Student Room Group

Course Changing / Clearing at DURHAM?!

I applied earlier this year for a foundation degree with Durham after being out of Education for a few years for an apprenticeship. I applied for Law and Criminology (suggested by someone from the Uni as a back up). I got an unconditional offer for Criminology but I was turned down for Law. During the interview, I was asked if I had ever considered an engineering degree due to the hobbies I mentioned and at the time I said I hadn't. Since then I have been looking further into an engineering degree etc and I do think it could fit me quite well. I have already accepted my offer for Criminology. How likely is it that I can either apply or be considered again for Law or for Engineering? I don't really want to study Criminology. When I attended the open day after my offer, I found it to be VERY heavily social science involved and it doesn't really fit the part of Law I am interested in.

Anyone else ever changed courses at Durham or on a foundation year that can give me advice? I have sent the foundation centre an email enquiring to see if it is possible to look at changing courses.
No chance of changing to law if you've already been rejected in the same cycle. Also the law course at Durham is one of it's top departments and is therefore heavily oversubscribed. I'm currently here and have heard of people changing from law to something else but nobody has switched into law nor will there be any clearing/adjustment places. I think I saw a thread on here which listed Durham as maybe having space for the law with foundation course and I'm sure switching from different foundation departments its a bit more flexible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending