The Student Room Group

Friends near Newcastle, UK around 18 years old

Hi there, I'm looking for some friends around New castle aged around 18 (which is my age). Probably won't work, but I thought, it would be worth a try.
I'm currently an aupair over the summer in Newcastle (for around 3 month). Therefore English is not my native language! As I'm 18 years old, I'm searching for people aged around 16-20 . I don't have any preference regarding the gender (I'm male). Not looking for anyone with specific interests, but rather just someone for talking, visiting some stuff (caffe, cinema whatever).
So perhaps if someone is here interested in chatting/meeting, just write something here!
Btw. some ideas where I could make some friends here are also more than welcome!

See you soon :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
I am a little older (23) but I just wanted to say, you will love your time here in Newcastle! Have a nice Summer!
Reply 2
Well actually older would probably be fine too ... of course under the condition that you (or other older people) would like to meet with someone younger :wink: Just much younger or around 30 would be kinda weird!
Original post by CMSMITH96
I am a little older (23) but I just wanted to say, you will love your time here in Newcastle! Have a nice Summer!

Thank you! Have been here for 1 week and my family is just perfect! I've already been twice in the city Gateshead/Newcastle and the view is just beautiful! :smile: I didn't exspected that tbh and I'm quite happy that I ended up here and not in London. Are there things, I have to see here? :smile:
Things you have to do would depend on how far you can get about. Basics would be things like walk through Newcastle after Dark and just take in how beautiful the buildings etc are. Walk over the suspension Bridge over the Tyne after Dark whilst it is all lit up.

If you can get to Durham, there is a direct bus from Newcastle, the Cathedral is a must!

I'm at work at the moment but I will have a think tonight and let you know what else I can come up with.
Okay, I'm not in Newcastle but if you're looking for a friend to chat with then (20, male) say no more lol (PM me if you want to).

Have you got any hobbies/sports? Perhaps try joining clubs, then you'll meet like minded people
im 17 in newcastle, i would recommend getting a youth tyneside card so you can go to the cinema for cheap, going to one of the cat cafes, going to the baltic and the laing art galleries, going to the big market, going to the beach,

where in newcastle are you living and where are you from?
Reply 6
Original post by mrbean522
Okay, I'm not in Newcastle but if you're looking for a friend to chat with then (20, male) say no more lol (PM me if you want to).

Have you got any hobbies/sports? Perhaps try joining clubs, then you'll meet like minded people

I will start working as an IT developer as soon as I get back home (and will also attend university). I haven't written that in the first place as I thought that might would scare people (especially female people?). I guess the fact that I'm doing an au pair already shows that I'm not only interested in sitting in front of my computer. Also like to play football. I thought about joining a club ... but well tbh from my experience I never met the right people in a football club up to know. None of my friends at home likes football :biggrin:

Where are you from? Perhaps you could say a few lines about you. I'm always looking for some nice people to chat with.

Original post by asdfgkillmenow
im 17 in newcastle, i would recommend getting a youth tyneside card so you can go to the cinema for cheap, going to one of the cat cafes, going to the baltic and the laing art galleries, going to the big market, going to the beach,

where in newcastle are you living and where are you from?

Sounds like a fantastic idea, thank you!

I'm actually living in a suburb of Gateshead (as far as I know xD), but it's easy to get to the city center of Gateshead/Newcastle here ... perhaps a 10min ride with the bus?
I'm from Frankfurt, Germany (which is right in the center of Germany).
Would you be interested in meeting in general?
Original post by Leon0402
I will start working as an IT developer as soon as I get back home (and will also attend university). I haven't written that in the first place as I thought that might would scare people (especially female people?). I guess the fact that I'm doing an au pair already shows that I'm not only interested in sitting in front of my computer. Also like to play football. I thought about joining a club ... but well tbh from my experience I never met the right people in a football club up to know. None of my friends at home likes football :biggrin:

Where are you from? Perhaps you could say a few lines about you. I'm always looking for some nice people to chat with.

Hey, thanks for replying!
Ah, well I'm not really sure then, was just a suggestion.
I live near Reading. I like reading, travelling, badminton, listening to music (currently listening to 'Happier' by Bastille & Marshmello). I do a uni degree in Birmingham doing transport and business. I'm also part of LGBTQ.
Reply 8
Original post by mrbean522
Hey, thanks for replying!
Ah, well I'm not really sure then, was just a suggestion.
I live near Reading. I like reading, travelling, badminton, listening to music (currently listening to 'Happier' by Bastille & Marshmello). I do a uni degree in Birmingham doing transport and business. I'm also part of LGBTQ.

No worries, as I said, I don't look for someone with particular interest. Moreover, I also like the things you listed. I'm currently reading "Nod" by Adrian Barnes (don't know if that's a popular book, an English friend gave it to me, I like it) ... and well some other books I can find here in my guest family's house. Well and the other things are also great :biggrin: I was rather looking for meeting up in person, but chatting is still nice. I will drop you a message!
Reply 9
Still looking for some other people from Newcastle or near to Newcastle!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending