Disabled Students Allowance Form needing University signature Watch

Denverlady
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have completed and submitted my doctoral loan application, but also need to apply for DSA. It seems that this cannot be done online and needs to be completed on paper and posted in. However, there is a page of the form that needs to be completed by the university I will be studying at. I won't be able to get this page filled out by the university until I arrive for orientation week, meaning that I won't get the DSA help I need until well into my first term.

Have other people experienced this problem? How were you able to work around it? If I can email it and have it completed and emailed back to me, will this be ok? I need the help I will receive from DSA from day one, not six weeks after I start my PhD. Thanks in advance for any advice people can give.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Denverlady)
I have completed and submitted my doctoral loan application, but also need to apply for DSA. It seems that this cannot be done online and needs to be completed on paper and posted in. However, there is a page of the form that needs to be completed by the university I will be studying at. I won't be able to get this page filled out by the university until I arrive for orientation week, meaning that I won't get the DSA help I need until well into my first term.

Have other people experienced this problem? How were you able to work around it? If I can email it and have it completed and emailed back to me, will this be ok? I need the help I will receive from DSA from day one, not six weeks after I start my PhD. Thanks in advance for any advice people can give.
I think with undergrad once your loan details go through, it ll allow you to choose to do the short form. Check if they ll let you do that with a PhD as they know the lead times are quite long.
Denverlady
Rep:
?
It's a different process for postgraduate applications, it doesn't automatically confirm your place like it does with undergraduate degrees.

(Original post by claireestelle)
I think with undergrad once your loan details go through, it ll allow you to choose to do the short form. Check if they ll let you do that with a PhD as they know the lead times are quite long.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Denverlady)
It's a different process for postgraduate applications, it doesn't automatically confirm your place like it does with undergraduate degrees.
Get onto student support at the uni and see what they suggest, perhaps they can sign and scan a copy of the form and send it back to you
Denverlady
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Get onto student support at the uni and see what they suggest, perhaps they can sign and scan a copy of the form and send it back to you
I’ll give that a try. Thank you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Denverlady
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
As an update for interested parties, I contacted the relevant department at the university, scanned a copy of the completed form to them and they completed their section and sent it onto SFE for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.23%
Worried (264)
18.74%
Terrified (329)
23.35%
Meh (113)
8.02%
Confused (33)
2.34%