The Student Room Group

How many people have you slept with?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fermion.
Are you serious? If someone is too drunk to consent that’s rape. I was merely asking if that was the case.

And now they’ve conveniently said they were joking and are in fact a virgin. :s-smilie:

if someone is drunk and agrees to something, then that is consent.

to consent means to agree to something, did you know that?
Original post by A Rolling Stone
if someone is drunk and agrees to something, then that is consent.

to consent means to agree to something, did you know that?

is that a serious comment? of course it's not...
Age 27, around 1000 or more
Hello
Reply 84
count: 0, and i want it that way so..
Done it three times. All regrettable, all a bit rubbish, all in the last 2 years. Am 20.

Advice to standard TSR virgins: Honestly wouldn't rush it. Having done it a couple times now it's not really changed anything at all. Still feel like a big ol lonely boi and all i reaaallly want is somebody to say yes to a damn date and lemme be cute n romantic n that. When you're down about being a virgin it's important to work out if you're sad cause you're not getting any sex or sad cause you're not getting any romantic affection: The difference is pretty huge.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Done it three times. All regrettable, all a bit rubbish, all in the last 2 years. Am 20.

Advice to standard TSR virgins: Honestly wouldn't rush it. Having done it a couple times now it's not really changed anything at all. Still feel like a big ol lonely boi and all i reaaallly want is somebody to say yes to a damn date and lemme be cute n romantic n that. When you're down about being a virgin it's important to work out if you're sad cause you're not getting any sex or sad cause you're not getting any romantic affection: The difference is pretty huge.

I would definitely like to lose my virginity but on the other hand it’s also a scary thought for me to have sex. I’m okay with cuddling and all but intercourse doesn’t really intrigue me
Original post by -Quava-
If you are intoxicated, you can't consent.

Original post by Fermion.
The fact that some people don’t know this simple fact worries me.

Drunkeness alone does not invalidate consent in UK law. See the Ched Evans case, for example. Even when him and his mate got done for rape before the retrial, the fact that the alleged victim was drunk didn't secure the conviction on its own.

Sobriety imbalances shouldn't be abused, but the basic idea that "if they're drunk it's rape" implies that 2 drunks that get off both rape each other, which is a nonsense concept.
Original post by joe goldberg
I would definitely like to lose my virginity but on the other hand it’s also a scary thought for me to have sex. I’m okay with cuddling and all but intercourse doesn’t really intrigue me

If the thought of sex gives you anxiety and also doesn't intrigue you then you probably don't want to bother trying it outside of a relationship, imo.
Reply 89
Drunkeness alone does not invalidate consent in UK law. See the Ched Evans case, for example. Even when him and his mate got done for rape before the retrial, the fact that the alleged victim was drunk didn't secure the conviction on its own.

Sobriety imbalances shouldn't be abused, but the basic idea that "if they're drunk it's rape" implies that 2 drunks that get off both rape each other, which is a nonsense concept.

Yeah, drunk = no consent possible is obviously problematic. If you are paralytic, sure. But most people are not paralytic when drunk.
Original post by keptinside
I like my personal space

I am becoming a little obsessed with you. Thought it was only polite to let you know.
Me blush 😳
Original post by Anonymous
me: 17
body count: 201

those flies deserved death 😤

@LiberOfLondon ?
lool not me
Oh my...asked how many people TSR users slept with...get a court room with someone being charged with rape

And I'm 25 years old and on 44. The amount I felt anything for or am glad I slept with...Maybe 4? Numbers mean nothing guys and if you're a virgin rock that baby! (Not literally before I'm convicted aswell)

Absolutely.

I have said this about 30 times but drunken consent is still consent. Court of Appeal said so; they know what they're talking about.

Otherwise girls would not have the capacity to buy the bottle of voddy from the corner shop -- as they'd lack the mental capacity to form the contract. Being drunk only becomes an issue where you are so drunk as to effectively not understand what is going on or have lost consciousness, which is the same result -- a rather high standard that most people do not get to on a Friday night.
Original post by Anonymous
Oh my...asked how many people TSR users slept with...get a court room with someone being charged with rape

And I'm 25 years old and on 44. The amount I felt anything for or am glad I slept with...Maybe 4? Numbers mean nothing guys and if you're a virgin rock that baby! (Not literally before I'm convicted aswell)

I didn’t know my joke was gonna get me charged with something like this lol.
Original post by Notoriety
Absolutely.

I have said this about 30 times but drunken consent is still consent. Court of Appeal said so; they know what they're talking about.

Otherwise girls would not have the capacity to buy the bottle of voddy from the corner shop -- as they'd lack the mental capacity to form the contract. Being drunk only becomes an issue where you are so drunk as to effectively not understand what is going on or have lost consciousness, which is the same result -- a rather high standard that most people do not get to on a Friday night.

That’s what I was saying. Most of the time both parties are drunk that doesn’t mean it’s double rape. Being drunk and one night stands are very common and most of the times it’s not strings attached
Reply 98
about 20
I'm 26 and a half
stop accusing joe goldberg based on implications of statements, let him clarify fully, one guy even said he reported joe to police for what?! nothing was said that was concrete and enough to affirm rape, leave joe alone

"very drunk" you are assuming that she is drunk to the point she can not move and is just lying there unconscious or something maybe joe meant that she was very drunk but still in the range of giving consent or very drunk but not extremely drunk
he said she was "very drunk" and you guys took the implication of this statement and accused him of RAPE, when he did not affirm anything beyond the statement "very drunk" and it was not known what he meant by the statement "very drunk"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending