do you find driving fun? Watch

J0n3zviper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently passed my test at quite a late age, and to my disappointment it is not the lessiure activity that had been sold to me. I thought once I got in a car on my own it would be fun and enjoyable but it is not, its boring as hell to the point I'm thinking of buying another motorbike, at least I could cut through traffic on it. I just don't get the thrill of it all. And even though its boring it is also stressful.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I absolutely love pelting it down the motorway in my car.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only when it's an open road and you can speed... otherwise it's just another chore and necessity.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love driving as part of a holiday, not commuting.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J0n3zviper)
I recently passed my test at quite a late age, and to my disappointment it is not the lessiure activity that had been sold to me. I thought once I got in a car on my own it would be fun and enjoyable but it is not, its boring as hell to the point I'm thinking of buying another motorbike, at least I could cut through traffic on it. I just don't get the thrill of it all. And even though its boring it is also stressful.
Yes, if it's for leisure only.
J0n3zviper
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Only when it's an open road and you can speed... otherwise it's just another chore and necessity.
Is it a necessity though? I heard that if you live in London, not having a car is no big deal as public transport options are many, and runs like clockwork
J0n3zviper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
I can only imagine it being fun on a race track or something, not City driving..
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is it a necessity though? I heard that if you live in London, not having a car is no big deal as public transport options are many, and runs like clockwork
For the outskirts, it's still easier with a car.

But for the majority of Zone 1-3, you're right the abundance and (relatively) cheap public transport means you don't really need a car.

I can only imagine it being fun on a race track or something, not City driving..
I doubt many people do leisurely city driving. I personally refer to long road trips on the motorway and long distance single / dual carriageways as my driving fun.

(Original post by Blue_Cow)
:five:
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
pon1de2replay3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ngl i love it, even if i dont have my music on i find a trip to tesco fun haha
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
Blasted potholes.
Lots of professional car accident compensation scammers trying to steal away my no claims bonus too.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not all of us live in London...

To answer your original question, I do at times but at others it's boring. Not all drives are enjoyable. Using it to drive to A to B in traffic isn't fun. Going on an aimless cruise around on a summer's evening is highly enjoyable.
Wooord
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yessss, any excuse to drive somewhere
Megxn0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wooord)
Yessss, any excuse to drive somewhere
Definitely from BFD
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
Blasted potholes.
Lots of professional car accident compensation scammers trying to steal away my no claims bonus too.
wdym?
Wooord
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Megxn0)
Definitely from BFD
Well what can I say 😁
sknudson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. It's incredibly stressful and pedantic. I still haven't passed alongside five instructors: two of who booted me off of semi intensive courses (one for passivity and another for road rage). Plus there's an issue of being huge and trying to cram into the little 1.0l cars that instructors have and I'm hunched over the wheel half of the time. I preferred riding on a 125cc myself. Much easier to see things and get out of dodge earlier.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
wdym?
Two of the reasons that I don't find driving fun.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes if it's on holiday and somewhere sunny and country-ish / sea-sidey. Driving in London is awful and getting worse, not just the congestion but also the frightening, stupid behaviour of other drivers.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Commuting in supercars is fun
J0n3zviper
Rep:
?
(Original post by sknudson)
No. It's incredibly stressful and pedantic. I still haven't passed alongside five instructors: two of who booted me off of semi intensive courses (one for passivity and another for road rage). Plus there's an issue of being huge and trying to cram into the little 1.0l cars that instructors have and I'm hunched over the wheel half of the time. I preferred riding on a 125cc myself. Much easier to see things and get out of dodge earlier.
I had a 125cc and tbh I'm thinking of just driving in winter and getting a 125cc for the summer, I felt invincible on that thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise