Ucat results 2020 entry Watch

faiima
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,
I have noticed that no one made a thread about it this year so I thought I'd make one following the one made by @supergrad last year.

You can list your ucat results and the resources you used as follows:

VR:
DM:
QR:
AR:
SJT:

Resources:
FirstAstroRook
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you done your UCAT this year? Whats your score
(Original post by faiima)
Hi all,
I have noticed that no one made a thread about it this year so I thought I'd make one following the one made by @supergrad last year.

You can list your ucat results and the resources you used as follows:

VR:
DM:
QR:
AR:
SJT:

Resources:
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FirstAstroRook)
Have you done your UCAT this year? Whats your score
i have mine booked for the end of august
Jassam17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mine is also booked for the end of August.

I'm applying for GEM at Barts and Kings so I need to get a pretty high score 🤞🏼 hopefully all the practice will pay off.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Astroid07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
VR: 660
DM: 730
QR: 700
AR: 630
SJT: Band 2

Resources: Medify

not super happy but AVG of 680 should hopefully get me into the universities I'm aiming for, sat the exam 31st July
aumedstudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
VR: 590 (my head was so empty and blank 90% of the time)
DM: 700
QR: 830
AR: 870
total: 2990
SJT: 701 (didn't get a band)

Resources: Medify and watched a lot of ucat videos especially the ones where people took practice questions and exams to understand different approaches to undertaking the different subsections.
Does anyone know how long after the examination period percentiles/mean and standard deviation are released?
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aumedstudent)
VR: 590 (my head was so empty and blank 90% of the time)
DM: 700
QR: 830
AR: 870
total: 2990
SJT: 701 (didn't get a band)

Resources: Medify and watched a lot of ucat videos especially the ones where people took practice questions and exams to understand different approaches to undertaking the different subsections.
Does anyone know how long after the examination period percentiles/mean and standard deviation are released?
wow thats a sick score, congrats.
if i remember correctly the first percentiles are released in early september, and then the final definite ones in october, shortly after the testing period is over.
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Astroid07)
VR: 660
DM: 730
QR: 700
AR: 630
SJT: Band 2

Resources: Medify

not super happy but AVG of 680 should hopefully get me into the universities I'm aiming for, sat the exam 31st July
you should be very happy cause that score is actually really good. you can apply to almost any uni if you're applying for undergrad.
biostudie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sat the test on Monday. Not the best I've ever done but pretty pleased overall

VR: 680
DM: 790
QR: 780
AR: 680
SJT: Band 1

Total: 2930

Resources: Medicportal (a little bit), Medify (LOVED IT. Bought 2 weeks and did every single mock, mini mock and a lot of practice questions/timed trials) and official question banks.
thefundude83
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
VR: 670

DM: 720
QR: 900
AR: 800

Total: 3090

Resources: Began preparation 3 weeks before, mainly used medify. I also bought the isc book and did some questions from there.
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by thefundude83)
VR: 670

DM: 720
QR: 900
AR: 800

Total: 3090

Resources: Began preparation 3 weeks before, mainly used medify. I also bought the isc book and did some questions from there.
congrats, such a sick score :shock:. And with only 3 weeks of work, that's impressive. How did you do so well in QR wtf pls share any tips with a dumb person like me , did you spend many hours a day on it?
pericardium
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
My scores don't compare to many of the scores on here, but I do hope someone will see my scores and feel a sigh of relief when they do see that not everybody does so well, but still have equal chances of reading medicine.

VR: 540
DM: 590
QR: 730
AR: 690

Total: 2550

Resources: I used Medify semi-regularly from June to present. I also had access to The Medic Portal's video resources, and ISC medical's book. All of these combined provided useful.

I got into the exam today and I had already told myself prior that no matter how I scored during this test, I would study medicine at university. This test was not going to dictate how, when or if I would study medicine, because frankly whether it takes me 6 years or 16 years before I qualify, I know that I will do it no matter what. That is the mindset anyone who is truly passionate about reading medicine needs to have, and yet so many crumble after they see their UCAT scores and think that the journey is over for them.

In all of my mocks leading up to now I regularly scored between 750 and 800 in VR. Today? It was my worst section. I couldn't concentrate properly, the questions were immensely difficult, and I was only half way through with just 9 minutes to go. I started to panic, I cried, and I struggled.

DM went a little better. I still struggled with that though. Again, I didn't do as well as my mocks.

QR? I was gobsmacked by more score. In all of my mocks I'd been more or less scoring between 580-650.

AR I was impressed with. I guess my 'random clicking' when I had absolutely no idea proved useful, because I managed to pull this score out the bag.

SJT I got the score I predicted I'd get all along.
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by pericardium)
My scores don't compare to many of the scores on here, but I do hope someone will see my scores and feel a sigh of relief when they do see that not everybody does so well, but still have equal chances of reading medicine.

VR: 540
DM: 590
QR: 730
AR: 690

Total: 2550

Resources: I used Medify semi-regularly from June to present. I also had access to The Medic Portal's video resources, and ISC medical's book. All of these combined provided useful.

I got into the exam today and I had already told myself prior that no matter how I scored during this test, I would study medicine at university. This test was not going to dictate how, when or if I would study medicine, because frankly whether it takes me 6 years or 16 years before I qualify, I know that I will do it no matter what. That is the mindset anyone who is truly passionate about reading medicine needs to have, and yet so many crumble after they see their UCAT scores and think that the journey is over for them.

In all of my mocks leading up to now I regularly scored between 750 and 800 in VR. Today? It was my worst section. I couldn't concentrate properly, the questions were immensely difficult, and I was only half way through with just 9 minutes to go. I started to panic, I cried, and I struggled.

DM went a little better. I still struggled with that though. Again, I didn't do as well as my mocks.

QR? I was gobsmacked by more score. In all of my mocks I'd been more or less scoring between 580-650.

AR I was impressed with. I guess my 'random clicking' when I had absolutely no idea proved useful, because I managed to pull this score out the bag.

SJT I got the score I predicted I'd get all along.
Well done honestly you dont need an insanely high score to get interviews, just apply strategically. I got 2460 last year and got 3 interviews (messed them up completely but thats a different story). I like how motivated you are, I am sure you'll get there.
Thanks for sharing your results
pericardium
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by faiima)
Well done honestly you dont need an insanely high score to get interviews, just apply strategically. I got 2460 last year and got 3 interviews (messed them up completely but thats a different story). I like how motivated you are, I am sure you'll get there.
Thanks for sharing your results
Where'd you apply to if you don't mind me asking?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 hours ago
(Original post by pericardium)
Where'd you apply to if you don't mind me asking?
manchester, liverpool, anglia ruskin and leicester (didnt get an interview for this one)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%