faiima
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Uesrname2012)
Hi Guys, just wanting to know how everyone did on their UCAT 2019, I don’t really know how I’ve done compared to other people cause the percentiles aren’t out yet so what have you all been getting?
there is no way you can predict the percentile you're in by looking at people's scores on tsr (it's not representative at all). The best way is to use last years results cause they dont tend to vary that much, or just wait for this years percentiles to come out.
gullyyt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by faiima)
manchester, liverpool, anglia ruskin and leicester (didnt get an interview for this one)
for manchester would you say getting an interview with a score of 2450 is doable?
Uesrname2012
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dasda)
Oooh well done!
Uesrname2012
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
there is no way you can predict the percentile you're in by looking at people's scores on tsr (it's not representative at all). The best way is to use last years results cause they dont tend to vary that much, or just wait for this years percentiles to come out.
Yeah I know there isn’t I just thought it would be cool to see everyone’s results and talk about what everyone thought of the exam this year x
dasda
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oooh well done!
I am disappointed because i have weak gcses
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gullyyt)
for manchester would you say getting an interview with a score of 2450 is doable?
quite risky to be honest. I am applying with an access course so i was only competing with people with similar qualification to mine as opposed to all the kids applying with a levels. They do have a 'holistic' route to select applicants with lower ucat than the cutoff, but no one really knows what they look at so I wouldn't recommend it.
Uesrname2012
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dasda)
I am disappointed because i have weak gcses
I wouldn’t worry too much, how is the rest of your personal statement and work experience?
And heat were your GCSE results? X
dasda
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wouldn’t worry too much, how is the rest of your personal statement and work experience?
And heat were your GCSE results? X
My gcses are 8=biology
7=math
7=chemistry
6=physics
6= eng lan
5= comp sci
4 = lit
A = smart product design
Predictions A*A*A*(might change)
I start volunteering at a hospital in mid sept

Looks like gap year
Uesrname2012
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dasda)
My gcses are 8=biology
7=math
7=chemistry
6=physics
6= eng lan
5= comp sci
4 = lit
A = smart product design
Predictions A*A*A*(might change)
I start volunteering at a hospital in mid sept

Looks like gap year
Ah right. Tbh I bet there’s a lot of people applying with much worse GCSEs than you. And those predicted grades are amazing so schools should just on you for that. Just try to make your personal statement amazing and consider applying to unis that don’t take GCSEs into much account. Also, have you looked at taking the BMAT? Xx
gullyyt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
quite risky to be honest. I am applying with an access course so i was only competing with people with similar qualification to mine as opposed to all the kids applying with a levels. They do have a 'holistic' route to select applicants with lower ucat than the cutoff, but no one really knows what they look at so I wouldn't recommend it.
Thanks for the reply!!! Much appreciated
dasda
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah right. Tbh I bet there’s a lot of people applying with much worse GCSEs than you. And those predicted grades are amazing so schools should just on you for that. Just try to make your personal statement amazing and consider applying to unis that don’t take GCSEs into much account. Also, have you looked at taking the BMAT? Xx
No its because i haven't prepared for the test and want to concentrate on my a levels. Have pushed them to the side when preparing for ucat
pseudo123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sat mine yesterday and got 2760
supergrad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys there is already a thread for 2020 Ucat discussion:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post85158918
Jag5564
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What universities did you apply to?
sbaboenerd
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Damn everyone is good i'm slightly worried.
so i go:
VR:590
DM:640
QR:690
AR:770
SJT: band 1
total:2690

tbh idk how i did that well in AR or QR for that matter, my best while practicing were always VR and DM. so that's that. But i did do a lotta AR practice the last 2 ish days, maybe that did something. I used Medify mostly and did all the mocks there and the mocks on the Official website.

I hope this score gets me a few interviews but since i dont have amazing GCSE grades either i have absolutely no clue what universities to apply to. So if anyone could give me suggestions that would be nice - like if anyone in a similar situation has a success story. (i chose St.Andrews but idk abt the rest)

Also would it be worth it if i did the BMAt and applied to 2 BMAT Unis and 2 UCAT unis?Honestly idek.
pseudo123
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by sbaboenerd)
Damn everyone is good i'm slightly worried.
so i go:
VR:590
DM:640
QR:690
AR:770
SJT: band 1
total:2690

tbh idk how i did that well in AR or QR for that matter, my best while practicing were always VR and DM. so that's that. But i did do a lotta AR practice the last 2 ish days, maybe that did something. I used Medify mostly and did all the mocks there and the mocks on the Official website.

I hope this score gets me a few interviews but since i dont have amazing GCSE grades either i have absolutely no clue what universities to apply to. So if anyone could give me suggestions that would be nice - like if anyone in a similar situation has a success story. (i chose St.Andrews but idk abt the rest)

Also would it be worth it if i did the BMAt and applied to 2 BMAT Unis and 2 UCAT unis?Honestly idek.
that's a really good score! You would've made sheffield's ukcat cut off for interview last year, I wouldn't stress. Wait until the interim deciles come out and then see which one you fall into. If you're 7th or above then you'd be fine applying to a lot of unis!
stress-eating
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by pericardium)
My scores don't compare to many of the scores on here, but I do hope someone will see my scores and feel a sigh of relief when they do see that not everybody does so well, but still have equal chances of reading medicine.

VR: 540
DM: 590
QR: 730
AR: 690
SJT: Band 1

Total: 2550

Resources: I used Medify semi-regularly from June to present. I also had access to The Medic Portal's video resources, and ISC medical's book. All of these combined provided useful.

I got into the exam today and I had already told myself prior that no matter how I scored during this test, I would study medicine at university. This test was not going to dictate how, when or if I would study medicine, because frankly whether it takes me 6 years or 16 years before I qualify, I know that I will do it no matter what. That is the mindset anyone who is truly passionate about reading medicine needs to have, and yet so many crumble after they see their UCAT scores and think that the journey is over for them.

In all of my mocks leading up to now I regularly scored between 750 and 800 in VR. Today? It was my worst section. I couldn't concentrate properly, the questions were immensely difficult, and I was only half way through with just 9 minutes to go. I started to panic, I cried, and I struggled.

DM went a little better. I still struggled with that though. Again, I didn't do as well as my mocks.

QR? I was gobsmacked by more score. In all of my mocks I'd been more or less scoring between 580-650.

AR I was impressed with. I guess my 'random clicking' when I had absolutely no idea proved useful, because I managed to pull this score out the bag.

SJT I got the score I predicted I'd get all along.
you seem like a great person! and Your score is still better than average!
faiima
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
i finally sat my ucat last friday and i cant believe how bad i did.
VR- 470
DM-580
QR-580
AR-670
band 1
was not expecting to do this bad at all from my practice. I got really hard questions this time, especially VR the keyword approach was useless. DM was quite the same as medify but it was one of my worst sections in practice as well so... What surprised me was QR cause it wasn't easier than medfy at all. got quite a few tables that required long calculations and ended up running out of time. AR was also not easier than medify this time, i got some hard ones (last year i got 750 and was hoping to do even better). So bummed but whatever, good luck to whoever hasn't sat the test yet.
archisha007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Which unis were they? and what are you doing now?
HidayahAfzal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Well done honestly you dont need an insanely high score to get interviews, just apply strategically. I got 2460 last year and got 3 interviews (messed them up completely but thats a different story). I like how motivated you are, I am sure you'll get there.
Thanks for sharing your results
that's so crazy! I got the exact same ucat score last year and got 3 interviews as well- what are you doing this year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate