The Student Room Group

boyfriend makes me cringe

my boyfriend sometimes makes me cringe with his actions
like i physically cant contain my face sometimes. I understand that some may see it as sweet but to me it just resembles indian drama type level of cringe. Like almost scripted lines and actions that too many couples take part in that sometimes just feel like i'm dating a teenage boy who is trying too hard to impress me. it's really sloppy and i don't like it at all

like for instance the other day i was on video call with him and he started flexing on camera. Think fboy licking lips and getting the camera to angle so he looks like he's posing for snapchat whilst smiling. I was thinking wtf are you doing please stop.

as well as saying cringey generic things like "youre so special", the whole pet name thing which i just despise, and finally telling me stupid things like I miss you when I only saw him a few hours ago, he also tries to be even more sloppy by kissing me in public or holding my hand. Or whispering things in my ear in an attempt to be romantic but lord it has the opposite effect.

I thought he was a roadman type guy who would be tough and not be this sloppy but lord I was so wrong. He became so soft I just feel disgusted sometimes. I really tried to like it so hard because I care about him but I can't help but find my brain thinking what is this behaviour pls when he does certain things.

there's no polite way to tell him he sometimes makes me cringe, so how do i help myself lol?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mood😂😂😂
Tell him in a borderline impolite way, if you can't tell him in a polite way, I guess...? At any rate, just tell him
Reply 3
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Tell him in a borderline impolite way, if you can't tell him in a polite way, I guess...? At any rate, just tell him

Nah allow that, you can’t change someone so if it really annoys you that much OP, I don’t think you’ll be able to deal with it for much longer
Reply 4
Original post by m-k1
mood😂😂😂

i swearr it's disgusting
Reply 5

it's rude asf to tell him that loool, and he'll probs get lowkey offended and start not showing any affection at all. idm him being lovey to a certain extent just dont overdo it mann
He tires to hold your hand!?!?!? The horror!?!!?!?!!
Original post by m-k1
Nah allow that, you can’t change someone so if it really annoys you that much OP, I don’t think you’ll be able to deal with it for much longer

Sure you can't change people, but this sounds like it might just be a bunch of random nonsense the guy is putting on as an act. Maybe he could just knock it off
Reply 8
Original post by m-k1

yeah ngl it might put me off completely if he keeps it up or if he does something more
It's soppy, not sloppy.
Original post by Andrew97
He tires to hold your hand!?!?!? The horror!?!!?!?!!

in public... as well as other things
the hand holding reminds me of those vids where the guy is driving and tryna change gears then the girl puts her hand on the gearstick and then takes it off but he grabs it and puts it back on
idk if im making sense but the whole "my girl" vibe altogether doesnt sit well w me. not to mention he says some things during sex that just make me want to stop and break up with him there and then.
i specifically went out with him because i thought he's tough and a bit more hard if that makes sense (from what he showed me at the start)
Lol Indian drama
Original post by awkwardshortguy
It's soppy, not sloppy.

oh lol my bad, is sloppy the bj one
ur bf sounds cute but maybe he’s licking his lips cause he’s dehydrated? probs not
Sure you can't change people, but this sounds like it might just be a bunch of random nonsense the guy is putting on as an act. Maybe he could just knock it off

hopefully it is man, because i cant imagine if we do get married the level of SOP* that'll be in this wedding
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
ur bf sounds cute but maybe he’s licking his lips cause he’s dehydrated? probs not

nah he was defo flexing. it wasnt just the lip licking, i could tell he was also looking at himself in the camera lol and he was biting his lower lip (you know the flex some guys do)

idk man i dont find it cute at all
It sounds more like you're just not attracted to that stuff, probably not as romantic as he is. You should just say to him that you're not into it. Don't say it in a rude way, just say that you'd be attracted to him if he stopped and he doesn't need to try flexing right in front of you or whatever lol
Original post by Anonymous
oh lol my bad, is sloppy the bj one

I hope to find out some day.
in public... as well as other things
the hand holding reminds me of those vids where the guy is driving and tryna change gears then the girl puts her hand on the gearstick and then takes it off but he grabs it and puts it back on
idk if im making sense but the whole "my girl" vibe altogether doesnt sit well w me. not to mention he says some things during sex that just make me want to stop and break up with him there and then.
i specifically went out with him because i thought he's tough and a bit more hard if that makes sense (from what he showed me at the start)

Changing gears? Sorry to sound so ignorant but what the hell are you on about?

Talk to him about the other stuff you mentioned.
nah he was defo flexing. it wasnt just the lip licking, i could tell he was also looking at himself in the camera lol and he was biting his lower lip (you know the flex some guys do)

idk man i dont find it cute at all

guys think that’s hot and it makes me sick

Quick Reply