The Student Room Group

RHUL vs CITY for law

What do you think which one is better university to learn law?
Probably City.
RHUL!
yes
Reply 4
Original post by Rihablink

Echoing the above, I would choose City.
I think it’s obviously personal preference! :smile: I love royal holloway and I’ve heard lots of good things about Law from friends who take it there, but it depends what you’re looking for in a uni!
Reply 6
[QUOTE="Rihablink;84382928"]What do you think which one is better university to learn law?[/QUOTE

i got into both of these universities and i’m going to be studying law aswell. i took a lot of time to device which one and i’ve eventually decided to go to city university of london. royal holloway has a great campus but the location is in egham and it seems dull to me, plus they recently started law. city university has a good ranking aswell as a great location. so ig city university is better, it’s easier to get part time jobs in a central location aswell
Original post by itskqqqq
What do you think which one is better university to learn law?[/QUOTE

i got into both of these universities and i’m going to be studying law aswell. i took a lot of time to device which one and i’ve eventually decided to go to city university of london. royal holloway has a great campus but the location is in egham and it seems dull to me, plus they recently started law. city university has a good ranking aswell as a great location. so ig city university is better, it’s easier to get part time jobs in a central location aswell

Putting aside the fact that this thread is a year old- going on league tables (since you mention it) can you show me a single league table that doesn’t show City in the bottom 10 in the country for Law?
Reply 8
Original post by Trinculo
Putting aside the fact that this thread is a year old- going on league tables (since you mention it) can you show me a single league table that doesn’t show City in the bottom 10 in the country for Law?

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-law-degrees

if you count it backwards, it’s not in the bottom 10, it’s #47 or #46 backwards so definitely not in the bottom ten. but if you think so, i haven’t replied to my offers yet. which one would you recommend for law? city uni of london, royal holloway, brunel or birmingham university. queen mary’s conditional offer is a bit too difficult for me
Original post by itskqqqq
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-law-degrees

if you count it backwards, it’s not in the bottom 10, it’s #47 or #46 backwards so definitely not in the bottom ten. but if you think so, i haven’t replied to my offers yet. which one would you recommend for law? city uni of london, royal holloway, brunel or birmingham university. queen mary’s conditional offer is a bit too difficult for me

This is a mistake.

You have found an international ranking table and looked up City's overall ranking (in the world) out of a very small pool. You'll note that City wasn't ranked at all in that same table for law. Look at any table for UK universities, otherwise you aren't comparing like with like - you're not thinking of going to the University of Tel Aviv or University of Tasmania, so there's no point comparing them. I don't think you'll find a UK table (for Laws) where City isn't in the bottom 10.

Of the ones you've cited - Birmingham is by far and away the best option - did they give you a CCC if you firm?

City is bad for law and problematic in general. RoHo is in a boring location, and not great for law. Brunel is a mixture of both of them. Birmingham is an excellent university. I wouldn't even think twice.
This is a mistake.

You have found an international ranking table and looked up City's overall ranking (in the world) out of a very small pool. You'll note that City wasn't ranked at all in that same table for law. Look at any table for UK universities, otherwise you aren't comparing like with like - you're not thinking of going to the University of Tel Aviv or University of Tasmania, so there's no point comparing them. I don't think you'll find a UK table (for Laws) where City isn't in the bottom 10.

Of the ones you've cited - Birmingham is by far and away the best option - did they give you a CCC if you firm?

City is bad for law and problematic in general. RoHo is in a boring location, and not great for law. Brunel is a mixture of both of them. Birmingham is an excellent university. I wouldn't even think twice.

i got
AAA- birmingham
BBB- city
ABB- royal
ABB- brunel

but like isn’t the central location better, also thankyou i still haven’t selected a firm choice
This is a mistake.

Roho’s location is always a controversial one, personally didn’t find it boring at all but if you’re comparing it to a city based uni then you could argue it’s a little more out the way. Also heard of many happy Law students, and I believe it’s ranked relatively well for this. All just my experience :smile:

Hey I was wondering what university you choose in the end and your current review as I am in the exact same position except city offered me BBB and RHUL offered me AAB my predicted is an ABB so I am unsure about the 2 options. My only concern is I've been living in london most my life so the egham may seem a bit dull however it is ranked higher and has a whole placement year that city doesn't offer but they do do a microplacement and as it's located in central london wouldn't the job opportunities be better?

Quick Reply

Latest