The Student Room Group

What are your thoughts on ensuite vs standard accomodations?

I don't really mind about paying the extra costs for an ensuite room, but is it really any better?
I think it depends on the person you are, if you really don’t want to share with other people then it’s probably worth it but you have to consider that if you’re not going to stay there and move into different accommodation for second year, the chances are you’ll have to share a bathroom so getting an en-suite for first year may not prepare you for that but if you really don’t want to share a bathroom it’s probably a good idea to get one
Hello there!

Good to see that you are on the ball when thinking about what kind of accommodation to live at during University.

A lot of Universities offer different pros/cons when it comes to en suite or shared bathrooms - for example in our university if you are in shared bathroom accommodation you get a mini fridge and a sink basin in your bedroom, but like I said, every university is different so it is best to do your research!

For myself, when applying for accommodation at Liverpool Hope I decided to go for the shared bathroom because I didn't mind sharing. When I arrived in my flat there was two bathrooms for 6 people so it was a lot more manageable than I thought! :party:
Plus with our shared bathrooms as they were communal we had a cleaner that came in once a week to help clean.

Hope this helps you out!

Ruth :zorro:
Original post by loganau2001
I don't really mind about paying the extra costs for an ensuite room, but is it really any better?
I shared 3 toilets and 3 showers between 9 and it was no fuss at all! Never had to queue to use it and we didn't have to clean them ourselves, all we had to do was buy the toilet roll ourselves. Some of my friends had en suites and while they were nice I wouldn't have wanted to pay so much more money for something that wasn't much better than what I had.
Thats just my personal experience though!
Reply 4
I wouldn’t say it’s worth the extra cost because with shared bathrooms you don’t have to clean them yourselves but with en-suite you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending