brother invading privacy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm 16 and I've just finished my gcses. My brother is 13.

Over the past year and a bit, I've had the feeling that money has been going missing in my room (odd £10 notes) and things aren't in the places I've left them. This has typically been while my brother has been home alone which admittedly, isn't often. Although suspicious, I never said anything to my parents until today as I never had proof.

Over the past year, I always had problems with logging onto school related hw and revision sites. It became a running joke that I was always the one who could never log on, no matter how many times I emailed my teachers so they could reset it. This meant I missed a lot of Hw. My parents made a complaint to my school but the issue was never found.

Until today. My brother is still at school and as he was going out the door, he realised that his phone was nearly dead, so he plugged it in and left it in the living room, unlocked. I waited until the house was empty and checked it; I had the feeling that something was wrong. He never lets anyone near it and if someone is in the same room, he turns it off.

I went onto his photo gallery and immediately found a folder full of photos of my usernames and passwords for EVERYTHING. Old school accounts, social media, netflix, spotify, etc. I had all of these written in a small notepad that is hidden in my room. He knows that my room is off limits - especially recently as I've been doing revision. And I have hundreds of notebooks - it wasn't something you find accidentally.

I'm now sure that he was changing my school passwords all year and taking photos of my updated passwords. One time I got locked out of spotify and recently I had to make a new Netflix account as I got locked out of that (the password was incorrect and I couldn't change it). Furthermore, I'm the only one who uses the account as I pay for it. All of my devices are locked.

I feel like I have no privacy. I've just changed all of my passwords and they're now on my phone instead. But I've moved money around before and it still goes mysteriously missing - even if I've hidden it in an unexpected place such as in a camera case. I'd like a lock on my door but I'm not allowed.

I'm going to talk to my parents about it but as usual, I expect the response will be something vague like "I'll have a word with him" or "you're practically an adult now, you're responsible for your own stuff".

Honestly I'm just looking for advice on what to do next. It might seem a little petty, but for all I know he could have affected my gcse results as I didn't have access to what I needed online. I'm tight on money already and I pay for my own phone, I can't keep losing it. What can I do? I don't want him to affect my alevels next year as I save up and pay for most of my supplies.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4355882
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That really sucks. The first thing is talk to your parents since he is 13 and your parents need to lookout for him, which includes stopping him from doing downright criminal behaviour.

You should also speak with him. You have to let him know you know and that’s it’s not okay. He shouldn’t be getting away with this stuff. It might not hurt you much but this sort of behaviour could turn dangerous when he grows up if it’s not seen to right now.

Lastly, a practical solution would be to get a small locker and start locking your things. Either ask your parents to let you put in a lock or fund the locker. If they refuse, do it yourself.

Good luck. Hope it’s a phase and he grows up soon!
harry_planck77
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
OMG!! Does he also peek into your phone and accuse you of doin [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]

My stupid Brother does that!! I just finished my A levels....

I feel for ya bro... Dont worry man... I got your back mate...

Give me a DM and Ill help ya out?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I have access into my brother's FB.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
First off - don't make physical notes of your passwords. Especially not in a shared house!! Though I guess you've learnt that now. Use a password manager if you need to, DON'T put them on your phone - you managed to get into his phone, he'll get into yours at some point.

If you're going to do some retributory stealing of his money, do it after you've talked with your parents. I doubt they would be that chill about your brother having gaslighted you for two years.
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just go onto his insta and put something offensive on his story so he gets battered in school the next day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%