Should I return my Gaming Chair? Watch

Jedimonkey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been decorating my bedroom. I have been trying to find a great chair - one that is very comfortable, looks stylish, is height adjustable, tilt adjustable, has adjustable armrests yet
is cheap.

I've bought the GT Atom Black Edition gaming chair (https://www.abroco.com/products/gami...-black-edition).

The reason I bought this was because I tried looking for so long but couldn't find anything that met my requirements. For a gaming chair it's on the cheap end but for my budget, it's waay over but since I had no choice I bought it.

Now there's only 2 problems with this chair. Firstly, it's too high. It's 50cm high from the ground in its lowest position. Only the balls of my feet touch the ground. Secondly, I find that the armrests are too wide apart even when I've adjusted them to be as close as possible to me.

My dad reckons I should just buy a footrest. However, the way I see it is that if I've spent all this money on a chair, I want it to do what I want. Especially since I'll be spending loads of hours on my computer doing work and then other countless hours gaming. I wanted a chair that did both and made me sit in the correct posture.

Should I return the chair and keep looking or not? Is it better for me to just get a footrest and live with the armrests?

I've tried looking for chairs but it's hard. I've even tried looking for chairs for petite people. I'm in between 5"6 & 5"7. Most chairs I've looked at are a minium height of 50ish give or take. FOr the ideal height, I would want it at 43cm (max 45 if I absolutely had to).
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's the norm. People get footrests. I've always just used a pile of VHS tapes. :lol: As long as it's the right height for your keyboard and mouse at your desk.

On the same subject, chances are you'll needed your monitor higher than desk height too. No VHS tapes this time, that's when you use old books!
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a dxracer they look pretty good for short people
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes wtf
Buy Pewds chair instead it's only £399!
Jedimonkey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I see. I managed to find the GT Omega on another thread, they seem to b built short which is great.

As for the Screen I don't need to worry about that because I'm going to hang it up on the wall. Thanks anyway
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
That's the norm. People get footrests. I've always just used a pile of VHS tapes. :lol: As long as it's the right height for your keyboard and mouse at your desk.

On the same subject, chances are you'll needed your monitor higher than desk height too. No VHS tapes this time, that's when you use old books!
Jedimonkey
Rep:
?
I looked at those. Unfortuanly they are out of my budget. I managed to find the GT Omega. They're still slightly pricy but cheaper than th DXracer
(Original post by Afterlife?)
Get a dxracer they look pretty good for short people
Jedimonkey
Rep:
?
Thats too expensive
(Original post by xxlaila03xx)
Yes wtf
Buy Pewds chair instead it's only £399!
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah not at all
(Original post by Jedimonkey)
Thats too expensive
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jedimonkey)
I looked at those. Unfortuanly they are out of my budget. I managed to find the GT Omega. They're still slightly pricy but cheaper than th DXracer
U can get one for 150 which is cheaper than what you have rn

Edit : alright never mind I just thought bout it the only time I saw a 150 was at this gaming thing where there was some sale
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Afterlife?; 4 weeks ago
Jedimonkey
Rep:
?
No worries. Thanks anyway
(Original post by Afterlife?)
U can get one for 150 which is cheaper than what you have rn

Edit : alright never mind I just thought bout it the only time I saw a 150 was at this gaming thing where there was some sale
alan55
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm thinking of buying new gaming chair or recliner too. I found reviews about alternative to gaming chair recently and want to order a recliner for my gaming sessions. I read that GTRACING is one of the best brands.
Last edited by alan55; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (157)
13.48%
Excited (103)
8.84%
Worried (216)
18.54%
Terrified (269)
23.09%
Meh (92)
7.9%
Confused (32)
2.75%