The Student Room Group

Should I return my Gaming Chair?

I've been decorating my bedroom. I have been trying to find a great chair - one that is very comfortable, looks stylish, is height adjustable, tilt adjustable, has adjustable armrests yet
is cheap.

I've bought the GT Atom Black Edition gaming chair (https://www.abroco.com/products/gaming-chairs-atom-black-edition).

The reason I bought this was because I tried looking for so long but couldn't find anything that met my requirements. For a gaming chair it's on the cheap end but for my budget, it's waay over but since I had no choice I bought it.

Now there's only 2 problems with this chair. Firstly, it's too high. It's 50cm high from the ground in its lowest position. Only the balls of my feet touch the ground. Secondly, I find that the armrests are too wide apart even when I've adjusted them to be as close as possible to me.

My dad reckons I should just buy a footrest. However, the way I see it is that if I've spent all this money on a chair, I want it to do what I want. Especially since I'll be spending loads of hours on my computer doing work and then other countless hours gaming. I wanted a chair that did both and made me sit in the correct posture.

Should I return the chair and keep looking or not? Is it better for me to just get a footrest and live with the armrests?

I've tried looking for chairs but it's hard. I've even tried looking for chairs for petite people. I'm in between 5"6 & 5"7. Most chairs I've looked at are a minium height of 50ish give or take. FOr the ideal height, I would want it at 43cm (max 45 if I absolutely had to).
That's the norm. People get footrests. I've always just used a pile of VHS tapes. :lol: As long as it's the right height for your keyboard and mouse at your desk.

On the same subject, chances are you'll needed your monitor higher than desk height too. No VHS tapes this time, that's when you use old books!
Get a dxracer they look pretty good for short people
Yes wtf
Buy Pewds chair instead it's only £399!
I see. I managed to find the GT Omega on another thread, they seem to b built short which is great.

As for the Screen I don't need to worry about that because I'm going to hang it up on the wall. Thanks anyway :smile:
Original post by ozzyoscy
That's the norm. People get footrests. I've always just used a pile of VHS tapes. :lol: As long as it's the right height for your keyboard and mouse at your desk.

On the same subject, chances are you'll needed your monitor higher than desk height too. No VHS tapes this time, that's when you use old books!
I looked at those. Unfortuanly they are out of my budget. I managed to find the GT Omega. They're still slightly pricy but cheaper than th DXracer
Original post by Afterlife?
Get a dxracer they look pretty good for short people
:biggrin::biggrin: Thats too expensive
Original post by xxlaila03xx
Yes wtf
Buy Pewds chair instead it's only £399!
Nah not at all
Original post by Jedimonkey
:biggrin::biggrin: Thats too expensive
Original post by Jedimonkey
I looked at those. Unfortuanly they are out of my budget. I managed to find the GT Omega. They're still slightly pricy but cheaper than th DXracer

U can get one for 150 which is cheaper than what you have rn

Edit : alright never mind I just thought bout it the only time I saw a 150 was at this gaming thing where there was some sale
(edited 4 years ago)
No worries. Thanks anyway
Original post by Afterlife?
U can get one for 150 which is cheaper than what you have rn

Edit : alright never mind I just thought bout it the only time I saw a 150 was at this gaming thing where there was some sale
I actually started getting discomfort with my old gaming chair or office chair and I'm looking to buy a new office chair for myself. Had checked several reviews online and hbada ergonomic chair is attracting my eyes. Soon will order it and get it delivered to my home.
(edited 2 years ago)
I have just make a list of the best gaming chairs had checked several reviews online and hbada ergonomic chair is attracting my eyes. Soon will order it and get it delivered to my home.
(edited 2 years ago)
deckchair.png

this is comfortable, great value, and you can fold it up when you are not using it :h:

Quick Reply