Having Stuff - how much is enough? Watch

BeetRoots
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If money was no object, how many homes would you accumulate, how many cars, how many pairs of shoes, how many of anything?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kill3rCat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One large-ish house, one decent car, 10 cats, and one kick-ass supercomputer.

...and probably a lot of guns, if I was living in Texas.
Last edited by Kill3rCat; 1 month ago
Izzythestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmm I’d have one big house to live in and probably a couple of holiday homes like in Greece or something
1 fancy car and one big car for family stuff
As many shoes as I wanted lol like 50
Id have like one of each piece of tech, so one laptop, one tablet, one computer, one phone, one PS4 etc.....
2-3 dogs
2-3 kids
One indoor swimming pool, one outdoor swimming pool
😂
foilboot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it'd be most beneficial for me to possess as little as I can. An issue with modern society is that everything is so abundant yet not distributed evenly. I'd probably only keep the things I know I need to use.

I think I'd want to own a lot of things so that I could give them to people that happen to be less fortunate. I think I'd also want to own a lot of stuff that help whole communities (e.g. libraries, museums)

I sound really self-righteous but that's my honest answer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by foilboot; 1 month ago
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I honestly don't know but i would like to think I would keep things to a minimum and not go overboard
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would own one house or/and a private island, or Buy a ton of blocks/block of house ( all the house ) and put the rent at pretty low prices. Car wise i can't even drive and care little about cars or owning an expensive one, but i would probably go for a reliable long lasting expensive car . Maybe fund a few hobbies i wanna start and start becoming self-sufficient; beekeeping and growing a farm. being a minimalist i dont care much about material things, and at this moment theres very few things i need or even want.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its only stuff. I would reroof my house, spend a bit on the garden and redecorate upstairs. Then I would set up a business and travel.

I get little or no pleasure from stuff.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BeetRoots)
If money was no object, how many homes would you accumulate, how many cars, how many pairs of shoes, how many of anything?
I'd have one big main family home - 2 kitchens (one main and one for my baking), enough bedrooms for kids to have their own plus 2 guest bedrooms, an indoor pool would be nice and a cinema room, and then all the other basic home stuff like dining room, living room etc. Would like my fiance to be able to have a "man cave" where he can keep his guns and other stuff like that.

I'd like a cabin in the middle of nowhere where we can go for weekends away, and a holiday home in Italy (never been but I want to and I doubt I wouldn't like it!)

My fiance would have his truck of course, I'd have a small car because I can hardly drive as it is, and then another car good for driving in snow and ice.

Shoes, well. I'd like the house to have a walk-in wardrobe solely for shoes. Idk how many pairs that would be!
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd like a nice home, and another property somewhere nice where I could go on holiday. But if I had money I'd want to give back.. so I'd let families stay in the holiday cottage when I wasn't there, for free, who couldn't otherwise have afforded it.

One car is fine.

I'd like nice clothes, but wouldn't go over the top.

I'm not hugely materialistic and would rather have memories than things, but I would still treat myself to some nice things, and would definitely treat my family as much as I could, too.
NoTearsLeftToCry
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
one range rover
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
I'd buy lots of houses and rent them out.

I don't like lots of 'stuff' because I don't like clutter. I'd buy lots of vintage sylvanian families to complete my collection though.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I already have 15 guitars and 8 amps but I imagine that'd be where I spent it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.76%
Excited (122)
8.19%
Worried (279)
18.74%
Terrified (343)
23.04%
Meh (123)
8.26%
Confused (35)
2.35%