The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

This is the topic for Celtic football club. Talk all about the bhoys here. Would rather have a topic for the club instead of talking about them in a topic comparing the old firm!

Dunno how I go around getting it turned into a society I think we need a fair amount of people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TSR CSC :biggrin:

Should make it a rule not to talk about the 'Old Firm' in here (unless it's a match). As I said in the other thread, the Animals only serve to bring us down.

Anyone going to any of the preseasons? I'm living in London for the summer so I'm away down to Southampton on the 18th of next month and then back up the next day to the Fulham game. Gonna be a mad aul one :biggrin:
Reply 2
i agree, i cant be arsed comparing the celts with rangers unless its for a match or something.

im not going to any preseasons, living in belfast for the summer and cant be arsed going over for any, i'll have to wait until the season starts, probably head up in october or something, and bag some tickets for a champions league match or two as well.

could probably get an away ticket to anfield or old trafford or something but i'd not count my luck on it, not had to deal with going to celtic away so not sure how many season ticket holders get to it first.
Reply 3
I've a ticket secured for the first Old Firm of the season :smile:

Don't we usually play an Irish side every year? I know we played Galway Utd last year, and someone told me we have Finn Harps this time, which isn't too far from yourself.
Reply 4
Yeah as far as I know, but I don't know who they're playing this year. Dunno if I'd go over to Donegal because getting back is a nightmare if you dont leave the place at stupid o clock, wouldnt be able to have a pint :frown:

Southampton (A) Jul 18th
Fulham (A) Jul 20th
Middlesborough (in Portugal) Jul 22
Cardiff City (in Portugal) Jul 24

thats what i found on another forum.
Reply 5
Jim-ie
Yeah as far as I know, but I don't know who they're playing this year. Dunno if I'd go over to Donegal because getting back is a nightmare if you dont leave the place at stupid o clock, wouldnt be able to have a pint :frown:

Southampton (A) Jul 18th
Fulham (A) Jul 20th
Middlesborough (in Portugal) Jul 22
Cardiff City (in Portugal) Jul 24

thats what i found on another forum.

We're playing another game in Portugal on the 26th as well, against Porto (cheats), and we're playing in the Feyenoord Jubilee Tournament sometime in early August.

Won't be going over for any of the games abroad, but might go to the ubiquitous home friendly before the start of the season.
Reply 6
Just came across a couple of videos and they're absolute belters.

First is end of season celebrations (sorry only have a Bebo link
http://bebo.com/watch/6786924910

Second is highlights of the game where we beat Rangers 3-2, and christ above it literally sent a shiver down my spine. When it showed the 3 goals from Rangers at the start I actually felt a bit sick :s-smilie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo5tzkXQ9p4
Absolutely EPIC vid though.
Reply 7
Right lads, let me just make this perfectly clear. I know all about the whole Rangers/Celtic thing (hell, I'm a Rangers fan, I'm part of it), but with all the crap I've just removed I see this thread may just prove to be a bit of a nuisance. Behave, for God's sake. If Rangers fans want to discuss the blue side of Glasgow then they can sod off and make their own thread instead of invading this one. If you want to discuss the Old Firm then it's probably best to do that in a separate thread as well (there are some around, I guarantee it)

And I don't care which team you support, if debate descends into sectarianism and/or general abuse then don't be surprised if you get a PM saying you've picked up a warning. It's something both clubs want stamped out of the game and it's most definitely something we don't want to see on TSR.
Reply 8
There was nothing sectarian or abusive about my posts, that was the entire point. If my suspicion here is unfounded then I apologise, but I can't help but feel you're 'covering up' what I had said. You could have just split the posts into another thread.
Reply 9
It's a general announcement/warning, TOSCS, it's not being directed at anyone in particular. I'm quite happy for there to be a Celtic thread but I absolutely do not want to have to come into it on a regular basis to remove stuff because a few people decide to take the Old Firm rivalry too far or fuel the flames even if they have no direct interest in either club.
Reply 10
TOSCS
Just came across a couple of videos and they're absolute belters.

First is end of season celebrations (sorry only have a Bebo link
http://bebo.com/watch/6786924910

Second is highlights of the game where we beat Rangers 3-2, and christ above it literally sent a shiver down my spine. When it showed the 3 goals from Rangers at the start I actually felt a bit sick :s-smilie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo5tzkXQ9p4
Absolutely EPIC vid though.

That old firm match was one of the best football matches I'd saw all season, it was epic. Maybe not as epic as the last Manchester derby :wink: but close.
Reply 11
Dalimyr
Right lads, let me just make this perfectly clear. I know all about the whole Rangers/Celtic thing (hell, I'm a Rangers fan, I'm part of it), but with all the crap I've just removed I see this thread may just prove to be a bit of a nuisance. Behave, for God's sake. If Rangers fans want to discuss the blue side of Glasgow then they can sod off and make their own thread instead of invading this one. If you want to discuss the Old Firm then it's probably best to do that in a separate thread as well (there are some around, I guarantee it)

And I don't care which team you support, if debate descends into sectarianism and/or general abuse then don't be surprised if you get a PM saying you've picked up a warning. It's something both clubs want stamped out of the game and it's most definitely something we don't want to see on TSR.

Fair enough, I'll make sure to knock it on the head if anyone comes in posting ****e and report it.
Reply 12
Dalimyr
It's a general announcement/warning, TOSCS, it's not being directed at anyone in particular. I'm quite happy for there to be a Celtic thread but I absolutely do not want to have to come into it on a regular basis to remove stuff because a few people decide to take the Old Firm rivalry too far or fuel the flames even if they have no direct interest in either club.

That's fair enough and I appreciate it. The last post of mine you deleted however, deals with a common issue that is raised.
Dalimyr

Hear hear!
Reply 14
Dalimyr

I missed whatever went on, but I totally agree, having been on the receiving end of certain misplaced jibes when I was younger.

We're all (relatively) intelligent and enlightened students. Let's not bring the tone of the forum back to the dark ages with the tribalism of the O*d F**m rivalry.

Back on topic, how about the Holy Goalie in the Poland-Austria game?

£10m? :eek:

Not on your life! Bidding starts at £20m. :biggrin:
Reply 15
Dalimyr

Oh, the mods are dealing tougher with WUMs now, are they?

This should be fun.
Reply 16
AndyK67
I missed whatever went on, but I totally agree, having been on the receiving end of certain misplaced jibes when I was younger.

We're all (relatively) intelligent and enlightened students. Let's not bring the tone of the forum back to the dark ages with the tribalism of the O*d F**m rivalry.

Back on topic, how about the Holy Goalie in the Poland-Austria game?

£10m? :eek:

Not on your life! Bidding starts at £20m. :biggrin:

I'd rather not sell! But £20m could bring in a lot of talent. Boruc is a ****in legend.
Reply 17
He is irreplaceable. There is not a better goalkeeper available, and he is also a massive presence off the park. An all round good guy and one of my favourite Celtic players ever.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he stayed another season - the fans love him and he appreciates that. He's one of the few Celtic players these days who genuinely hates Rangers (which they brought upon themselves, abusing him for his religion) so you can tell Celtic and the derby games mean a lot to him. Also, his wife gave birth to their first-born the other day so hopefully he won't want to move while the kid's growing up!
Reply 18
My second team's Celitc.
Reply 19
Well unless your first team is Celtic, I don't understand why you posted in here.

Quick Reply