predicted grades stress, please help! Watch

Jack-Norrie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Today, I got my predicted grades back for UCAS and I was delighted that I got really good results (A* in Biology, A's in Film Studies and Music Technology); Especially as most people I know didn’t do as well (C's and D's). The issue now is as I want to do rather Film or Music production at Uni, my entire family is pushing me to ask my teachers to make the A's into A*s, and while it’s true that I still got really good results in my mocks for those subjects (93% in Music Tech and 82% in Film studies) and would probably be and A* in actual exams, I fell like it’s really pretentious to ask for higher grades when the grades I got were still really good; moreover, I have a good relationship with all my teachers and I don’t want to ruin that by bugging them to do this. What should I do?
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i wouldn't listen to your family, if you're happy with your predicted grades then don't ask them to be changed.
maah001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really depends on what a typical offer for the course you want to do is, so do your research. If you need an A* in either Film Studies in Music Tech (or you need more than one A* in total) to do the course you want then explain this to your teachers and, given your mock scores, they will probably oblige. If you only need an A (or, even better, a B) then don't fret it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%