Best friend grosses me out. Watch

Poll: What would you do if you want ore have to have contact with a person like him?
normal gloves, no mask (1)
14.29%
cleaning gloves, no mask (0)
0%
cleaning gloves, mask (4)
57.14%
nothing, take a bath afterwards is enough (2)
28.57%
Loren1996
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello. I am female, 22, medicine student and I have the problem that my best friend (24 , engeneering student)is so disgusting that I enter his flat only with yellow marigolds and a surgical mask sometimes (depends in how mich he grosses me out). His feet smell like hell, he has smegma (it smells through the plants) and things like that .He feels very humiliated because of my protective equitment and says when I wear gloves I should wear normal ones but no i want to wear my yellow dish gloves because its is respectless to invite guests when living in filth. I mean taking a shower takes 5 mins and even when he takes a bath I would wear gloves because when he scratches his balls and then touches for example the remote control so i dont want to touch it too. How can he think i am respectless, when he invites me in his filthy flat? Do I exaggerate? Which gloves would you wear? I for him because he sais the dish gloves are much more humiliating than thin medical ones but I want to have as much distance as possible. What do you think. I am the only friend he has so how can he complain? I mean who would chill in marigolds the whole evening ? My hands get extremely sweaty in them and I only do this for him that he is not lonely
Greywolftwo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s a tricky one
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Izzythestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You wear a surgical mask to your friends apartment??? And gloves?? What??
You’re implying his flat is a literal health hazard.
Why don’t you help clean his apartment if its that bad, maybe it’s something he struggles with ? I’m very confused tbh :0
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
So is he your flatmate?
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think maybe you need to have a serious talk to your friend about personal hygiene. Honestly in a situation like that I don't know if I would be able to handle it so you have alot more guts then me. I can understand why he would get upset about you wearing gloves and a mask to his so how about you two just agree to meet in a neutral place like the park or a cinema?
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tbh thats next lvl rude .... I've been around stinkers, but even the worst person didnt warrent using gloves and mask ......

either he needs to sort it out, or you need to suck it up .
Last edited by rimstone; 4 weeks ago
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Loren1996)
Hello. I am female, 22, medicine student and I have the problem that my best friend (24 , engeneering student)is so disgusting that I enter his flat only with yellow marigolds and a surgical mask sometimes (depends in how mich he grosses me out). His feet smell like hell, he has smegma (it smells through the plants) and things like that .He feels very humiliated because of my protective equitment and says when I wear gloves I should wear normal ones but no i want to wear my yellow dish gloves because its is respectless to invite guests when living in filth. I mean taking a shower takes 5 mins and even when he takes a bath I would wear gloves because when he scratches his balls and then touches for example the remote control so i dont want to touch it too. How can he think i am respectless, when he invites me in his filthy flat? Do I exaggerate? Which gloves would you wear? I for him because he sais the dish gloves are much more humiliating than thin medical ones but I want to have as much distance as possible. What do you think. I am the only friend he has so how can he complain? I mean who would chill in marigolds the whole evening ? My hands get extremely sweaty in them and I only do this for him that he is not lonely
Help him to clean or get a professional cleaner then ask for the money.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
not everyone knows about personal hygiene tbh*

not everyone has been taught personal hygiene (literally i didnt know u have to shower everyday until i was 18...that was last week. i thought it was 3 times a week bc it's not like i could smell myself. i feel bad for everyone who was around me. i hateeeee smelling bad) i also didn't understand that flossing was actually important until my dentist told me to do it. i thought everyone did it like twice a month or something.

*BUT i think it's so rude that he touches his remote control with unwashed hands whcih have been touching his genitals...tell him to stop doing that because that's really inconsiderate?!!? u dont need to be taught to not do this.
keptinside
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Get a new friend or get a new apartment
Loren1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fermion.)
So is he your flatmate?
No he is not my flat mate
Loren1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by rimstone)
Tbh thats next lvl rude .... I've been around stinkers, but even the worst person didnt warrent using gloves and mask ......

either he needs to sort it out, or you need to suck it up .
I am thinking about downgrading from the cleaning gloves to thin medical gloves and no mask. No offense, but honestly I dont think it is rude at all.I think it is rude to invite people in such a flat without taking a bath before.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bait troll but very, very funny one :rofl:
Loren1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Help him to clean or get a professional cleaner then ask for the money.
I cleaned his flat three times already with disinfection spray and everything but two days later it looks the same .For him only the inner values count and he cant keep order because he has adhs and Aspergers and because of other reasons. I really like him but until the situation changes i need distance and dont want to touch anything
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How tf do you know he has smegma? Have you sucked his dicc?
Last edited by shameful_burrito; 4 weeks ago
Loren1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by Izzythestudent)
You wear a surgical mask to your friends apartment??? And gloves?? What??
You’re implying his flat is a literal health hazard.
Why don’t you help clean his apartment if its that bad, maybe it’s something he struggles with ? I’m very confused tbh :0
Cleaned it already more than once, but two days later it was the same again .I mean why not clean when I wear gloves anyway. The mask I did not wear every time, only when it was extremely bad
Loren1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Bait troll but very, very funny one :rofl:
No not a troll, I swear.This is some serious topic. I am not an ******* and who would imagine a story like that
Loren1996
Rep:
?
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
How tf do you know he has smegma? Have you sucked his dicc?
Because it smells like fish through his pants Think i wrote this in brackets. What else could this ne?Its filth
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because it smells like fish through his pants Think i wrote this in brackets. What else could this ne?Its filth
Oh...you wrote plants instead of pants, but now I get it😂
Loren1996
Rep:
?
I want to ad a poll to the thread because he wants to know how other people would react and if I exaggerate.On the one hand I have a guilty conscience because of the mask and gloves like , but on the other hand I am grossed out and want to show him that it is rude to invite people in a filthy home.Also I thougt maybe it has a signal effect if I wear marigolds but until now he doesnt change at all
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am thinking about downgrading from the cleaning gloves to thin medical gloves and no mask. No offense, but honestly I dont think it is rude at all.I think it is rude to invite people in such a flat without taking a bath before.
You could simple not go to his flat if it's such a problem for you. It is much more rude turning up wearing gloves and a mask than to invite someone to dirty flat, imo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise