Why did my boyfriend ask this? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Me and my boyfriend hit it off straight away... he's always told me he thought I was so beautiful that he just had to make me his right away. I get told I'm beautiful/ pretty and have a great personality on a regular basis and people often tell me/ him that he is punching... I don't mean to sound conceited but I'm just giving some context. I've always gone for personality and a genuine connection over looks.

On our first date I remember him asking if I'm a psycho... when I told him I definitely am not he was like 'are you sure?!'... He even asked this a bit before the date so I think he asked me twice. When I've spoken to others about this they said that he probably couldn't believe that I was single and not snatched up already and that, perhaps, there was something underlying. But then I've also thought it could be to do with his exs and previous bad experiences in relationships.

I've actually brought it up with him since as I wanted to find out why... but he just shrugged it off. What would make a guy ask this question?
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's possibly because of the reasons you brought up earlier.
1. He can't believe his luck at finding someone like you
2. Previous ex's may have made him a bit wary
or maybe 3. He meant it as a joke but it didn't say it the right way

Anyway when you asked him it's unlikely that he was avoiding it, he probably just forgot and doesn't really know what to say.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me and my boyfriend hit it off straight away... he's always told me he thought I was so beautiful that he just had to make me his right away. I get told I'm beautiful/ pretty and have a great personality on a regular basis and people often tell me/ him that he is punching... I don't mean to sound conceited but I'm just giving some context. I've always gone for personality and a genuine connection over looks.

On our first date I remember him asking if I'm a psycho... when I told him I definitely am not he was like 'are you sure?!'... He even asked this a bit before the date so I think he asked me twice. When I've spoken to others about this they said that he probably couldn't believe that I was single and not snatched up already and that, perhaps, there was something underlying. But then I've also thought it could be to do with his exs and previous bad experiences in relationships.

I've actually brought it up with him since as I wanted to find out why... but he just shrugged it off. What would make a guy ask this question?
Many guys would be confused why a gorgeous 10/10 woman would want them, esp if they were really punching above their weight. They may feel like there is something about you that is wrong.

I think you should forget it and relax. If he brings it up again then you should address it with him. If not, let it be. Holding on to it shows signs of a psycho.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He's previously dated people he considers to be psychos and doesn't want to make the same mistake again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%