How to get a job at matalan Watch

username4571016
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Currently looking for a job and and because it would be my first i would like to work at matalan as it is small and local however they do not have any vacancies ever but because i go there all the time i notice there are always new staff, i have handed my CV in before but had no luck so i was wondering what else i could do to get a job. Should i go hand my CV in again or is there some sort of application form or shall i speak to a manager and hand my cv into them. Anyone
worked there and how did you get the job
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nournash)
Currently looking for a job and and because it would be my first i would like to work at matalan as it is small and local however they do not have any vacancies ever but because i go there all the time i notice there are always new staff, i have handed my CV in before but had no luck so i was wondering what else i could do to get a job. Should i go hand my CV in again or is there some sort of application form or shall i speak to a manager and hand my cv into them. Anyone
It may be that they use an online system to recruit and take applications when a vacancy arises. If you have handed in a CV and not heard back, it may be that they are not hiring or they don't see you as a suitable candidate at the time. Are you only focused on Matalan or open to working for other companies? If you have friends or family working at a company, this can sometimes serve as a recommendation to hire or interview you. Otherwise try to make sure you get a lot of relevant experience to show you have the necessary skills e.g volunteer at a charity shop
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a look online to see if they advertise online. You could go in and ask the manager if they have any vacancies, and if they do how to apply. However, limiting yourself solely to one store and one company won't help you get a job. You ideally should be applying to several places.
username4571016
Rep:
?
Oh no i am not limiting myself i have been applying for many jobs but havent had a response and thought that matalan would be a easy job to get but clearly not
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Have a look online to see if they advertise online. You could go in and ask the manager if they have any vacancies, and if they do how to apply. However, limiting yourself solely to one store and one company won't help you get a job. You ideally should be applying to several places.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh no i am not limiting myself i have been applying for many jobs but havent had a response and thought that matalan would be a easy job to get but clearly not
Nowhere is an easy place to get a job. If they don't have vacancies when you're looking, then you won't get a job. If you don't match their criteria of what they want in a staff member, then you won't get the job. It can take applying to several places for a long time before you even get an interview. Just keep trying and you will get somewhere
username4571016
Rep:
?
You are right thankyou
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Nowhere is an easy place to get a job. If they don't have vacancies when you're looking, then you won't get a job. If you don't match their criteria of what they want in a staff member, then you won't get the job. It can take applying to several places for a long time before you even get an interview. Just keep trying and you will get somewhere
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%