What happens if I fail one A-level, second year, no AS OR A2? Watch

karispg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay so I just got my mocks back, I do Media, History and Sociology. I got a B in Media and a C in sociology. However I got an E in history, now tbh, history wasn't something I ever wanted to do at A-Level but i'm stuck with it now and my school has made it so I have to resit the history exam on the first week of September (when I come back to start year 13). Now, I am very annoyed because I thought I had all my exams over and done with but now I have to literally 'revise' in the 6 weeks holiday for a subject I already do not like. I can't do AS or anything so my school has gotten rid of it, and I can't ask my teachers to bring my grade a up lil bit higher so I get a D and don't have to resit. This stupid A-level has literally ruined me and I don't have the energy to care. But now I am wondering what happens if I fail the resit? I would rather die than do another 2 year course, I just want to leave school, I really do not care whether I pass the real a-level or not.So does anyone know what my school will probably do IF i fail the resit? I am being pessimistic because I have never passed a history a-level paper, and I really should've taken a C-TECH. I basically just ****ed myself over and just want school to be done. I am not going to uni and just want the school system out of my life for good. And the fact that now I have this history A-level resit on my conscience is SO ANNOYING. I literally have to keep the A-level at this point for my mental well being. This might be a dumb question... I don't know, i'm just losing hope in this subject right now.
MediocreSince01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karispg)
Okay so I just got my mocks back, I do Media, History and Sociology. I got a B in Media and a C in sociology. However I got an E in history, now tbh, history wasn't something I ever wanted to do at A-Level but i'm stuck with it now and my school has made it so I have to resit the history exam on the first week of September (when I come back to start year 13). Now, I am very annoyed because I thought I had all my exams over and done with but now I have to literally 'revise' in the 6 weeks holiday for a subject I already do not like. I can't do AS or anything so my school has gotten rid of it, and I can't ask my teachers to bring my grade a up lil bit higher so I get a D and don't have to resit. This stupid A-level has literally ruined me and I don't have the energy to care. But now I am wondering what happens if I fail the resit? I would rather die than do another 2 year course, I just want to leave school, I really do not care whether I pass the real a-level or not.So does anyone know what my school will probably do IF i fail the resit? I am being pessimistic because I have never passed a history a-level paper, and I really should've taken a C-TECH. I basically just ****ed myself over and just want school to be done. I am not going to uni and just want the school system out of my life for good. And the fact that now I have this history A-level resit on my conscience is SO ANNOYING. I literally have to keep the A-level at this point for my mental well being. This might be a dumb question... I don't know, i'm just losing hope in this subject right now.
Why were you forced into doing history A-Level?
karispg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
long story:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post79476048
(Original post by MediocreSince01)
Why were you forced into doing history A-Level?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%