The Student Room Group

What are you in the top 1% of?

Scroll to see replies

...People who like kinnnnd of really like penguins:penguin:
Cue sports. Considering that there are 7.53billion people in the world and 1% of that is 75million, I do play at high county level and I'm rated a B+ player in pool, and I just struggle to believe that there are 75million people in this world that are better at it than me.
'numerical skills', apparently, had some sort of test thing at school and my numeracy skills ranked above very high, somewhere around top 1% (although I'd imagine that's for my year group, not the entire world, although it wasn't knowledge based). Don't know how useful 'numeracy' is though (would rather have abstract problem solving skils). I'm really good at mental maths, and that's about it lol

still failed my further maths a level though haha
:tsr: posts :king1:

:tsr: Rep :king1:

:tsr: threads created :king1:

I think I've spotted a theme :ashamed:
(edited 4 years ago)
Top 1% of people that look like me

And I'm pretty quick 100m sprinter may not be top 1% but who knows
We need to be able to save it.
Original post by NotNotBatman
I just typed a list of about 40 things and it just disappeared, so I'm going to say a lot of things and a lot of video game things.
Hunter skill on RuneScape
Original post by RogerOxon
£26k ($32,400) would put you in the top 1% worldwide on salary (see here). Average UK full-time earnings are over that.
It's £620k ($770k) for the top 1% in wealth (including investments, e.g. pension funds).

Many people talk about the 1% (money) as if it's some evil group hording the world's funds, without realising that being born in the UK (/ West) makes you very likely to be one of them fairly young.

the salary thing is relative tho. you can do a lot more with 26k in sub Saharan Africa surely -these percentages should be adjusted for where you live.
Picking the wrong type of men.
Reply 49
Why are you still using windows 7 in 2019?
Is this relative to the whole world, or to the people who do the activity?

If whole world, possibly chemistry?
If it's the people who do the activity, nothing! Actually maybe neopets in my heyday. And number of teddy bears... :biggrin:
Top 1% of active TSR users. Like I am literally online all the time except when I sleep aha.
Reply 52
Original post by Notnek
What activity/ability do you have or do that you think you are in the top 1% of worldwide? It could be something academic, a video game, a sport, your job, salary etc. E.g. even though I'm not an expert, I think there's a chance that I'm in the top 1% for badminton ability if I consider how many people worldwide play the sport.

How about you?

Original post by Gabzinc
'numerical skills', apparently, had some sort of test thing at school and my numeracy skills ranked above very high, somewhere around top 1% (although I'd imagine that's for my year group, not the entire world, although it wasn't knowledge based).

Same here, I also have been told I have an extremely high level of 'numerical skills and reasoning', which is probably why maths and physics have always been my favorite subjects and I have always loved doing problems and logic puzzles since I was very young, and (not meaning to sound arrogant), I've only ever met one person better at mental maths than me(by better I mean can do calculations more rapidly with larger numbers), even though I perform better than him in tests and exams. I have also always scored highly in the Intermediate Maths Challenge and have entered both the Intermediate Kangaroo and Intermediate Olympiad, although I do know people who score higher than me on all of three these. Do you remember much about the test you took because I think I may have done something similar? When did you do the test?
Top 1% for nothing.
“I ain’t never had a trophy or not mother****ing ribbon”
- Joyner Lucas
I can relate to that quote
Reply 54
Original post by MosesDaBoy
Top 1% for nothing.
“I ain’t never had a trophy or not mother****ing ribbon”
- Joyner Lucas
I can relate to that quote

You don't need a trophy or ribbon to prove that your in the top 1% of something. You probably are but might not know what it is? And besides if you consider the amount of people globally who do the activities or the subjects you do then surely you probably qualify for top 1% of something?
Wait hold up a second, you are dyspraxic and you like maths? Well that’s extremely rare and I don’t know many of us if that’s the case 😂
Original post by OctoberRain7
Same XD
Other than that, maybe maths? Idk
Original post by Zoqua
You don't need a trophy or ribbon to prove that your in the top 1% of something. You probably are but might not know what it is? And besides if you consider the amount of people globally who do the activities or the subjects you do then surely you probably qualify for top 1% of something?

I doubt. There’s always someone better at something than me. I’ve never been the best in a class or anything
Original post by mysticmagic2000
Wait hold up a second, you are dyspraxic and you like maths? Well that’s extremely rare and I don’t know many of us if that’s the case 😂

I guess so haha
Playing piano? Idk

Quick Reply

Latest