I don't know what to do with my life. Watch

kodiakruble
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My interest, favourite subjects and possible careers I want to take change every so often. I want to do something to do with computing half of the time but the other half of the time I want to go into environmental sciences. Firstly I don't know how to pick my a-levles and which ones to pick. Secondly most unis require me to do a maths a-level for either of the fields, which I am bad at or average at best,so do I just give up or do I just do a-level maths and somehow try to survive those 2 years.
Kaiix
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do something in the computing sector. It’s literally the future and more and more jobs will gradually become available as the years go on. Within 10 years we’ll have computer related jobs that we’ve never actually heard of now, that’s the level of advancement that field is going to undergo. I recently finished my GCSEs and I’m taking Computer Science, Mathematics and Economics.
samb1104
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What grade do you think you will get in maths GCSE? If you think you won't get a B probably don't bother with the A level. You can still do environmental sciences without maths. Idk about computer science
(Original post by kodiakruble)
My interest, favourite subjects and possible careers I want to take change every so often. I want to do something to do with computing half of the time but the other half of the time I want to go into environmental sciences. Firstly I don't know how to pick my a-levles and which ones to pick. Secondly most unis require me to do a maths a-level for either of the fields, which I am bad at or average at best,so do I just give up or do I just do a-level maths and somehow try to survive those 2 years.
kodiakruble
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by samb1104)
What grade do you think you will get in maths GCSE? If you think you won't get a B probably don't bother with the A level. You can still do environmental sciences without maths. Idk about computer science
I would probably be able to get a 6 or maybe even a 7, I just dont know about the jump from gcse to a-levels

(Original post by Kaiix)
Do something in the computing sector. It’s literally the future and more and more jobs will gradually become available as the years go on. Within 10 years we’ll have computer related jobs that we’ve never actually heard of now, that’s the level of advancement that field is going to undergo. I recently finished my GCSEs and I’m taking Computer Science, Mathematics and Economics.
I know that future is in the computing sector however there is also a problem of global warming
samb1104
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really didn't think maths A level was too hard, but maybe that's just me.

Ok that's good, if you get a 7 I think you should be good enough. With hard work you should be able to get a good grade. Do you like maths?

I just looked at a couple of uni's entry requirements for you and they don't all insist on maths A level. I presume you will be doing computing A level? What are your other subject options?
(Original post by kodiakruble)
I would probably be able to get a 6 or maybe even a 7, I just dont know about the jump from gcse to a-levels

I know that future is in the computing sector however there is also a problem of global warming
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I relate with the not knowing what you want to be in the future part, though I guess it's natural
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%