Rules for two lane roundabout Watch

redslash2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have my test tomorrow morning at 8:20 and I feel mostly confident however there is a roundabout right at the start of the test where I have had 3 or 4 people that I know get major hesitation failures at the same time due to how busy the roundabout is. I just have one question about two lane roundabouts. If I am turning left and there are no cars currently in the left lane on the roundabout but there are cars in the inside lane, am I allowed to go onto the roundabout or must I wait for both lanes to be completely clear in order to enter the roundabout? Just want to make sure I don't pick up a stupid hesitation fault for no reason.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If the cars on the inside lane of the roundabout are stationary and don't look like they are about to start moving then you can go, but if the cars are moving it's safer to wait as you won't be able to anticipate any of them cutting into the outside lane and thus crashing into you or cutting you up.
redslash2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure
If the cars on the inside lane of the roundabout are stationary and don't look like they are about to start moving then you can go, but if the cars are moving it's safer to wait as you won't be able to anticipate any of them cutting into the outside lane and thus crashing into you or cutting you up.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by redslash2000)
I have my test tomorrow morning at 8:20 and I feel mostly confident however there is a roundabout right at the start of the test where I have had 3 or 4 people that I know get major hesitation failures at the same time due to how busy the roundabout is. I just have one question about two lane roundabouts. If I am turning left and there are no cars currently in the left lane on the roundabout but there are cars in the inside lane, am I allowed to go onto the roundabout or must I wait for both lanes to be completely clear in order to enter the roundabout? Just want to make sure I don't pick up a stupid hesitation fault for no reason.
Presumably you mean the outside lane, not the inside.

In theory, yes, you should be able to turn left.. it's a pet peeve of mine that people don't.

Whether I would do it on a test though.. probably not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%
Putting on a brave face (237)
13.82%
Impatient (214)
12.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise