do long distance relationships count as real relationships? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was in a long distance relationship and a few people have told me that those relationships don't count as real relationships, what is your opinion?
NoTearsLeftToCry
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. and so do online friends.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
J0n3zviper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes of course, distance means nothing just depends how committed you are.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
If it's a real person, then of course.
J0n3zviper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS)
Yes. and so do online friends.
I would argue against this, you can't trust people you only know online. Tbh to make it as a friend of mine you would need to prove to me that you are willing to do a bid for me if it came to it.
NoTearsLeftToCry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J0n3zviper)
I would argue against this, you can't trust people you only know online. Tbh to make it as a friend of mine you would need to prove to me that you are willing to do a bid for me if it came to it.
you can’t trust anyone fully. i trust my online friends more than those irl. but i guess that’s just your opinion
J0n3zviper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS)
you can’t trust anyone fully. i trust my online friends more than those irl. but i guess that’s just your opinion
If you trust virtual friends more that your irl friends, you need new irl friends.
NoTearsLeftToCry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J0n3zviper)
If you trust virtual friends more that your irl friends, you need new irl friends.
true that
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have a "relationship" with everyone you come into contact with. All the word means is the way in which you are connected. So, by me posting this comment, we have a relationship.

So yes, a long distance relationship is a relationship.

I think what you mean however is will it count as a romantic relationship - but that would very much depend on your definition of romance. You can talk to each other, video call each other, send each other gifts.. it sounds romantic to me if you make it so, but personally I wouldn't be able to live without the physical aspect of a relationship. I don't just mean sex, I mean holding hands, lying next to each other in bed, going shopping together.. I think it's the small things that really make a relationship, and that's just not going to be present in yours.

But nobody has any right to tell you how to live your life, so if you want to be faithful to another person, and it is a long distance relationship, then that is absolutely up to you, so if makes you happy then go for it.
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why would it not
David256
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in a LDR for a year and a month and I'm considering calling it quits because I single handledly carried it and it feels like my partner doesn't give a **** about it
LostLioness
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only relationships within a distance of 0.1 mm are real.
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes they do, what's distance got to do with a relationship?
I live in London and my grandparents are up-north.. do we have to live in the same household?

this applies to couples too!, but I assume they are eventually going to reduce that distance or atleast move in together one day.
Lilli22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've had 2 online relationships and they were both kind of silly and daft so I don't class them as real relationships.
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep. Whether they're likely to work out in the long run is another issue altogether.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.64%
Excited (116)
8.15%
Worried (267)
18.75%
Terrified (335)
23.53%
Meh (114)
8.01%
Confused (33)
2.32%