Red Light Camera Watch

junkbox306
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m really worried that I’m going to get a ticket for running a red light. It changed to red about 0.4 seconds before I hit the line. There wasn’t a camera in sight. Does there need to be a camera or are there sensors in the road?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by junkbox306)
I’m really worried that I’m going to get a ticket for running a red light. It changed to red about 0.4 seconds before I hit the line. There wasn’t a camera in sight. Does there need to be a camera or are there sensors in the road?
Moved to cars and motoring

You'll have to wait and see if you get a ticket in the mail. In future though, please be more responsible. The light is on amber for a considerable amount of time before it turns to red, allowing drivers plenty of time to come to a safe stop (that's why it doesn't just go from green to red. The amber is there to alert you to slow down). Running a red light could be a fatal mistake, so even though it sounds harsh I do hope you get a ticket so you don't do this again. Please think of other road users and yourself to help prevent any nasty accidents
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How else are they going to get your reg plate you moron.
junkbox306
Rep:
?
Could it be ANPR sensor?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
How else are they going to get your reg plate you moron.
junkbox306
Rep:
?
I did have someone fairly close on my backside and it was a 50mph so felt it would have been more dangerous to brake harshly
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Moved to cars and motoring

You'll have to wait and see if you get a ticket in the mail. In future though, please be more responsible. The light is on amber for a considerable amount of time before it turns to red, allowing drivers plenty of time to come to a safe stop (that's why it doesn't just go from green to red. The amber is there to alert you to slow down). Running a red light could be a fatal mistake, so even though it sounds harsh I do hope you get a ticket so you don't do this again. Please think of other road users and yourself to help prevent any nasty accidents
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could it be ANPR sensor?
No, what you described is definitely a sensor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (219)
12.46%
Excited (165)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.52%
Terrified (388)
22.07%
Meh (180)
10.24%
Confused (38)
2.16%
Putting on a brave face (243)
13.82%
Impatient (217)
12.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise