My purpose in life Watch

Future Physics
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'll be honest, I'm tired and I don't know why am I writing this but I feel like I need to say this. I guess I am fed up with the people whom I would expect to have the greatest confidence in me, not having any confidence in me.

After finishing secondary school I was a mess. I had no friends, my girlfriend broke up with me and I had to decide my future pathway without really thinking about it so I done 4 years of IT and instead of being ashamed about making that mistake I look at it differently and realised I picked up some good skills and I understood what it was that I really wanted to do. However since I was young I have always wanted to do physics but people kept putting me off it even now people don't think I'll make it but I have an unbreakable resolve and refuse to give up no matter how hard it gets and I love maths, I find so much of the concepts to be numerically poetic in nature and physics uses the poetry of maths to help us understand the world with shocking amounts of accuracy.

I want to get a PhD in Physics/Engineering to do research in either quantum physics or propulsion systems. I want to write books on how to learn in general and on maths and physics. I want to start up my own research company to help accelerate research and I refuse to give up because to me, my purpose in life is to contribute to the survival and quality of life of the human race and doing some form of research in physics or engineering to me, will help achieve that.

So whatever it is you want to do, don't give up because your GCSEs weren't great mine weren't great and I only got a C in maths and English and what works for me is my mindset towards the subject rather then the technical knowledge I have.
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Proving people who don't believe in you wrong is one of the greatest pleasures in life. I'm sorry that you went through this OP but it seems you have a clear idea of your aspirations which is always good. Good on you!
Future Physics
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It is. The ability to win debates and prove people wrong is one of the best feelings in the world, especially when you've been a quiet and shy person for most of your life. Thank you
(Original post by Skeletonclique21)
Proving people who don't believe in you wrong is one of the greatest pleasures in life. I'm sorry that you went through this OP but it seems you have a clear idea of your aspirations which is always good. Good on you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (69)
13.97%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.38%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
19.03%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (196)
39.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.26%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.68%