The Student Room Group

Failing a resit exam in the second year.

I just recently found out that I failed one of my resit exams. I'm in my second year so I'm stressing. What is going to happen? Would I have to retake the entire second year or just retake that module whilst doing third year? I'm from Uni of Wolvo btw, thanks!!
Original post by Anonymous
I just recently found out that I failed one of my resit exams. I'm in my second year so I'm stressing. What is going to happen? Would I have to retake the entire second year or just retake that module whilst doing third year? I'm from Uni of Wolvo btw, thanks!!

Each university and department will have their own policy - have you spoken to your personal tutor or head of department about your resit results and where to go on from there? They will be best placed to give you the information and advice for your situation.
Hey,

As above. Get in touch with your course tutors and student helpdesks. They'll be able to advise you anymore than anyone on here can.

Best of luck in your situation, I hope you can resolve it.
Joshua :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

It will be in the rules and year progression.
In the first instance your department has some discretion.
Although each uni has its own rules the general pattern is it depends on the course and uni.
Certain high end unis are strict.
Certain courses, especially health related can be strict and have their own method of assessment, different from standard undergrad degrees. Because of professional standards they are less forgiving and can withdraw you.

The standard degree, then the normal system will be First sit- resit- retake of module- withdraw.
Subject to not being given a concession pass if you were close 38-39.4.
Subject to any mitigating circumstances appeal.

So my advice is wait and be patient.
Read the rules or
Go and see a student adviser.
If you have mitigating circumstances make an appeal.
They will tell you what happens.
Give some thought about what you want to do if they offer retake and what to do if they dont.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending