The Student Room Group

Where to do a geography BA?

I’m planning on applying to do a geography BA but I’m currently stuck as to where to apply, I am currently studying geography, history and economics and hopefully will be predicted A*AA.
I’m trying to find somewhere that is highly respected and academic but where I will still have a good time outside of my studies. I’m hoping uni will be a better experience than sixth form so would happily go somewhere that isn’t overly academic and competitive in order go ensure this however I do not want to waste my potential I guess.
Currently I’ve got:
Leeds
Exeter
Loughborough
Manchester
Newcastle
Liverpool
If anybody could provide some insight as to where they think would be best it would be greatly appreciated. Xx
Have you deliberately ignored Scottish and Welsh universities?

I’m guessing you have also ruled out London and oxbridge?
Have you gone to any Open Days yet as it sounds like it would be a good idea for you to start exploring whether you prefer bigger or smaller unis/campus or city based ones and so on. If you like campus unis in smaller cities, I would suggest you look at the courses at York and Bath - unis in bigger cities could include Nottingham and Bristol.
Just a couple of thoughts to think about. Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool are big northern cities and Newcastle is pretty big as well. Loughborough is pretty small as is Exeter. Exeter is very southern and a stunning campus university. Do you want a campus university or a city one. Do you want a big or small city. How close or far from home do you want to be. The northern cities being bigger will offer more nightlife. Really you need to decide the environment you want to study in and go from there. Every university you mention will be competitive and will offer a good time outside of your studies. Sheffield will be another university to look at if you want a big northern city and Lancaster will be worth looking into for a smaller campus university. Given your predicted grades Durham could also be an option for a smaller northern environment.
Original post by cathmarie22
I’m planning on applying to do a geography BA but I’m currently stuck as to where to apply, I am currently studying geography, history and economics and hopefully will be predicted A*AA.
I’m trying to find somewhere that is highly respected and academic but where I will still have a good time outside of my studies. I’m hoping uni will be a better experience than sixth form so would happily go somewhere that isn’t overly academic and competitive in order go ensure this however I do not want to waste my potential I guess.
Currently I’ve got:
Leeds
Exeter
Loughborough
Manchester
Newcastle
Liverpool
If anybody could provide some insight as to where they think would be best it would be greatly appreciated. Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending