The Student Room Group

How can people get impatient with learner drivers?

I’ve seen it Hellen countless times to other learner drivers, just not me yet.

My instructor even tells me to relax, and that they have to wait a minute, since I’m learning to drive and they can (or should be able to) drive even though a lot of people seem incapable of driving even after apparently passing their tests.

Have you ever had a situation involving another driver getting unreasonably pissed with your driving?
Simply because people are selfish and also like to think they're better than you. I can understand the frustration of other drivers but a bit of patience and empathy isn't hard to ask, people are very quick to forget that they were once a learner themselves. And your instructor is right, just ignore them.
People get so caught up in their own lives that they forget when they were learner drivers too and its sad but your instructor is right, ignore them
Yeah happened to me a couple of times. Mostly tailgaters but had a couple of people beep. Just ignore them. You have every right to be on the road as long as you're not doing something stupid (e.g the learner going at 30 down a 70mph dual carriageway I saw the other day...). And People have to learn somewhere. People are just selfish and think their needs come before everything else.
I've had over 30 Hours of lessons, I live in a village in east yorkshire so most my lessons are on country roads where there are many crazy drivers where speed limits mean nothing to them. I've had people overtake me many times where I'm about to reach the national speed limit sign and out of nowhere I get overtaken on a 30mph road. Some people are just impatient. I had this black vauxhall try to overtake me on a 60mph road and I was going 60 and he tried to overtake me as we was approaching a bend, I could see from my mirrors he was moving to the right lane and then another car was coming the opppsit way. Luckily he reacted in time and he wasn't on the bend yet. In my opinion its mostly people with cheap cars or work vans that drive crazy, they always get so close behind you and make you nervous with your eyes glued to the mirror to make sure he doesn't bump into you. I respect the people who know how to drive and keep a safe distance, patient and let me build up speed then overtake when coming onto 60mph roads.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending