The Student Room Group

Folliculitis

Hi,
Has anyone had an experience with Folliculitis? Sorry for the graphic information but I recently developed large infected spots around the top of my legs and the doctor said it was caused from shaving and prescribed me 5 days worth of antibiotics called Flucloxacillin. The antibiotics worked to calm the infection however didn’t clear them altogether and now a week later I have another new two large painful infected spots again and have been prescribed another 7 days worth of Flucloxacillin. I’m really upset because I’ve never experienced anything like this before, I’m a very hygienic person, I wash everyday and it’s so painful and embarrassing. I’m also worried because of the amount of antibiotics I’m taking.
Will this ever go away it’s becoming so frustrating?
Any advice would be really helpful, thank you :smile:
Maybe stop shaving/removing hair for a while. It's got nothing to do with how hygienic you are, shaving can damage the skin and that can introduce bacteria and cause infection. I would take the antibiotics if your doctor prescribed them.

Hope things settle down soon.
Reply 2
Ok I will do, thank you for the advice!
Original post by black tea
Maybe stop shaving/removing hair for a while. It's got nothing to do with how hygienic you are, shaving can damage the skin and that can introduce bacteria and cause infection. I would take the antibiotics if your doctor prescribed them.

Hope things settle down soon.

Quick Reply

Latest