whenTrying to start car with low battery, makes loud rattling noise . is it normal ? Watch

Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have a question, When the battery on my car is low it turns over but there is a very loud rattling/clattering noise that some relate to '' sounds like a bag of spanners'' as it turns over before it catches on and starts. It only does this when the battery is low and almost just enough to start the car.
I was wondering if this is normal ?

I don't recall any of my previous cars' making this noise when the battery was low, It just turn over slowly and caught on and started, not making a noise like this .

thanks
Neil Murphy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Is it coming from the head or bottom of the engine does the oil pressure light come on for a few seconds or flicker on start up
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Neil Murphy)
Is it coming from the head or bottom of the engine does the oil pressure light come on for a few seconds or flicker on start up
No I don't think so. It is only there when the battery is almost completely dead and only just enough amps in the battery to start the car.
Other than that it always starts perfectly normal and quiet
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
When will you scrap this car?
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Sooner the better, less threads I have to bin.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I won't. I instead scrapped the so called mechanic who caused the problem with it in the first place, I no longer require his services and will be finding a new mechanic who has my best interests in mind. I have drove almost 50 k miles in this car in 2 years 3 months and not had a single issue with the engine. It is a good solid car.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
I won't. I instead scrapped the so called mechanic who caused the problem with it in the first place, I no longer require his services and will be finding a new mechanic who has my best interests in mind. I have drove almost 50 k miles in this car in 2 years 3 months and not had a single issue with the engine. It is a good solid car.
A good solid car that you have to post a thread about weekly because of a new problem?
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
A good solid car that you have to post a thread about weekly because of a new problem?
I probably post too many threads about it and a lot of them are little things I can get obsessive sometimes. The engine is solid though it is great even now it is at 184,200 miles on the clock
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (315)
65.9%
No (163)
34.1%

Watched Threads