BanditoX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Supposed to be starting uni this term.However I have no clue wtf I’m doing, I haven’t sorted student loans yet,haven’t sorted accommodation, not even seen the uni I’m supposed to be going to???
How long will it take for me to get my loan sorted, where do I apply for accommodation(will there still be space on campus? How long will this take?) Is there anything else I should know/do ? I have literally done nothing but apply and accept my offers
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by BanditoX)
Supposed to be starting uni this term.However I have no clue wtf I’m doing, I haven’t sorted student loans yet,haven’t sorted accommodation, not even seen the uni I’m supposed to be going to???
How long will it take for me to get my loan sorted, where do I apply for accommodation(will there still be space on campus? How long will this take?) Is there anything else I should know/do ? I have literally done nothing but apply and accept my offers
Hello!

Don't panic you can still get this all sorted. Granted it is later than what would be recommended but it is still very much possible.

I've listed a check-list down below which you can refer to, if you have any questions be sure to respond and I (and the rest of the TSR community) can respond.

Student Finance
1. Go onto the Student Finance Domain for you (NI, England, Wales)
2. Apply as a new student (I would recommend online to save postage time)
3. Follow the steps listed, if you need any help with the form ask parents or student finance.
4. Once you have completed the form and they have checked it (Timescales vary) you can print off the Student Declaration form, sign and send back to confirm you are going to attend university.
5. Once attending University you will be registered and payments will be released.

Student Finance (additional funding or parents supporting application)
- If your parents are supporting your application with their financial details be sure that they have copies of their Taxable income for the year to refer to and send to Student finance.
- Their income is needed to get an idea of how much additional support you would require at university if you need to apply for more funding.
- If they have previously done this for another sibling or have previously had student finance they must use their original account to support if supporting on the online form.
- Should you need to apply for any additional funding such as DSA, Parents Learning Allowance etc be sure to follow the steps to complete these forms online.

Accommodation
1. If you are looking for accommodation the best bet is to contact the university that you are interested in. At Liverpool Hope University we guarantee accommodation for first years so maybe your university will to.
2. If you find that your university is completely full then an idea would be to ask your Students Union, look on various forums or letting agents to see if any student accommodation is available.
3. Our university has various plans set up so that it can time the rent alongside your student finance payments be sure to ask about this so you can prepare for any costs.

Other bits to consider before you come to university:
- Transferring items from house to university halls can either be done via car or by post depending on how far you need to travel. I traveled from N. Ireland to Liverpool by car via the boat to bring my stuff over. On the way back I used a postage company to make the trip easier.
- Consider looking at online lists for what to bring to university such as this - University list

I hope this helps!

Patrick
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
plenty of time!

many people will similarly only sort things out on or after Clearing & Adjustment day, 15th August 2019

if you have your exam results now then confirm as much as you can by phone & email with yr firm, if you havent got your results then you likely don't know which uni you'll be going to? [unless you received unconditional offer & firmed it]
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey,

For accommodation, you'll want to apply as early as possible (soon as you've accepted your offer) and I think you can do that through either UCAS or the by yourself... I can't remember quite off the top of my head.

Don't worry, September is still a while away - but get proactive.
I would make a list of things to do, i.e. accommodation, things to pack, things to buy, put your documents in a safe space.
If you've accepted your offers, whichever uni you've chosen will be the one you're going to.

Hope this helps.
Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?