The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
shorter diffusion pathway I put.
Reply 81
hmm i put about it needed to remain short in diameter as it moves about or something the 8 marker on pacinian corpuscle what do you think the marks were for?
Reply 82
uksangho2000
oh u know the curve u have to draw at the end of the question of Unifying how did u draw it? i drew it up the curve of mouse

so did i!! i didnt get to finisht the friggin unifying paper!! although i didnt think it was as bad as i thought it would be!

central concepts however is a totaly different story!! i found it hard! meh... what did everyone put for the nervous system essay question?
and the diabets esssay question in unifying? (i wrote what i thought was relevant but had loads more space left! :s-smilie: )
Reply 83
Frosty3001
shorter diffusion pathway I put.

i put the same thing :biggrin:
Reply 84
name the part of dna where phosphates bind?
Reply 85
ammyzee
name the part of dna where phosphates bind?

oh completely blanked on that but put ribose whts about u?
Reply 86
kit21088
oh completely blanked on that but put ribose whts about u?

yeah i put sugar phosphate backbone and then deoxyribose in brackets hoping id hit a point with one of those words
Reply 87
lawrywild
For the 3 factors I put Temp, Light Intensity and CO2 conc.

For the longer bit after I said temperature maybe decreased, reducing the speed at which the enzymes that control the calvin cycle work and thus less CO2 is taken up. Then I said that Light Intensity could have lowered, so less reduced NADP and ATP were being produced to fuel the calvin cycle.

I put that due to rising temperature and light intensity during the day water resources in the soil would dry out. This prevents a large supply of water for photolysis and so the entire photosynthetic process slows down. So water concentration is a limiting factor methinks.

The mitochondria one, i put that it was all about how many you could fit in a cell for optimum photosynthesis.
Reply 88
I'm sure there's plenty of options for that, but yours sounds good too. I think that mine should hopefully be ok too, since the calvin cycle is "a series of enzyme controlled reactions" so a lower temperature could definately slow it down.
Reply 89
ammyzee
the 8 marker on pacinian corpuscle what do you think the marks were for?

-act as transducers
-deformation opens sodium channels
-creates generator potential
-all or nothing rule
-once generator potential reaches threshold value, action potential triggered
-local circuits
-talk about myelin, nodes of Ranvier, saltory conduction...maybe

well thats what i put anyway... what do u think?
Reply 90
gangst
i put, going in oxygen, reduced NAD and pyruvate

going out, carbon dioxide, water and ATP

yeh i put that and im sure that its DEFINITLY right!! :smile:
i actually thought these papers were quite nice- considering some of the past papers i saw and thought was gonna die on:P and it was friday the 13th....
Reply 92
i put fatty acids for going in? do you think that it'll get accepted seeing that it gets oxidised in krebs
Reply 93
What was the difference between the protein shell thing on the T2 Phage and its DNA?

I put that the Protein was not arranged as double helices and that it would have uracil rather than Thymine.
Reply 94
i said that protein made of amino acids and dna is double helix
Reply 95
yea i said proten made of amino acids aswell and dna was a loop :s-smilie:
Reply 96
JAd
-act as transducers
-deformation opens sodium channels
-creates generator potential
-all or nothing rule
-once generator potential reaches threshold value, action potential triggered
-local circuits
-talk about myelin, nodes of Ranvier, saltory conduction...maybe

well thats what i put anyway... what do u think?

yeayea...that sounds good....i went along those lines...it was quite a confusing long mark question to have in central
lawrywild
I said more carbon-carbon bonds in fatty acids which release energy when broken so the more carbon-carbon bonds, the more energy can be released

I said the fatty acid had more hydrogen and more carbon-hydrogen bonds, as hydrogen is what is actually used in oxidative phosphorylation, so it produces more reduced NAD and FAD, so more ATP. Is that right? I didn't say it had a longer chain.
Reply 98
The_Professor
I said the fatty acid had more hydrogen and more carbon-hydrogen bonds, as hydrogen is what is actually used in oxidative phosphorylation, so it produces more reduced NAD and FAD, so more ATP. Is that right? I didn't say it had a longer chain.

yup i think thats right. i dont think longer chain would be a mark anyway, becos they said per gram.
i said same as u, and that theres more hydrogen to be used in oxidat. phos. becos its not already partially oxidised
Reply 99
what the hell was the meiosis one on about? match the stages

Latest

Trending

Trending