User148
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently reading How the Mind Works by Steven Pinkher and I would like to ask, what would the interviewers ask regarding the books? Is there any particular way I should be thinking about the book?

Also, what would UCL ask about the book?

Thanks!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by User148)
I'm currently reading How the Mind Works by Steven Pinkher and I would like to ask, what would the interviewers ask regarding the books? Is there any particular way I should be thinking about the book?

Also, what would UCL ask about the book?

Thanks!
Chances are they won't ask anything at all. If they do ask, it will be something general to see how you responded to the book - ie 'Do you think Pinker was making a valid point in his book? They aren't going to ask something like 'In Chapter 4 Pinker says X can you give us an 3 flaws in his argument?".

Any university would be the same, unlikely to ask, but if they do, it would be an exploration of your thoughts/response to the book, no right or wrong answer (except no answer because you didn't actually read it!)
User148
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Chances are they won't ask anything at all. If they do ask, it will be something general to see how you responded to the book - ie 'Do you think Pinker was making a valid point in his book? They aren't going to ask something like 'In Chapter 4 Pinker says X can you give us an 3 flaws in his argument?".

Any university would be the same, unlikely to ask, but if they do, it would be an exploration of your thoughts/response to the book, no right or wrong answer (except no answer because you didn't actually read it!)
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads