Matthew2248
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
My EPQ title is "To what extent do video games marketing strategies affect player retention?".

I'm having trouble structuring it, I thought of listing all the different videos games marketing strategies with relevant statistics and data beside then state which one is the most affective? But wouldn't that not really relate to my topic. Or I thought of specifically targeting a game and talk about how each individual marketing strategy the business uses has impacted its player retention.

Please respond with how you would structure it as I'm finding it quite difficult.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Firstly the title needs to have an apostrophe after the s, as you’re talking about the marketing strategies of video games. Or you should rename your title to .... the marketing strategies of video games....
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You should also include as separate paragraphs different “case studies” of the marketing strategies used for different games and how successful of re-attracting players you think they are. Perhaps using the same strategy for two different games of different genres, and then the same game using two different strategies. What elements have / have not been successful and why? Also what video games are you planning to discuss in your essay?
Matthew2248
Rep:
?
What do you mean by case studies? I'm thinking of the video game company supercell which has games like clash of clans and the other game company possibly something like fortnite but I'm thinking of different genres so I might choose one out of clash of clans and fortnite and one on another game.
(Original post by Deggs_14)
You should also include as separate paragraphs different “case studies” of the marketing strategies used for different games and how successful of re-attracting players you think they are. Perhaps using the same strategy for two different games of different genres, and then the same game using two different strategies. What elements have / have not been successful and why? Also what video games are you planning to discuss in your essay?
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
A case study as an example of a specific game or company that you’ve done research on.
(Original post by Matthew2248)
What do you mean by case studies? I'm thinking of the video game company supercell which has games like clash of clans and the other game company possibly something like fortnite but I'm thinking of different genres so I might choose one out of clash of clans and fortnite and one on another game.
Matthew2248
Rep:
?
BUMP need some more help
Matthew2248
Rep:
?
BUMP again! would like some more help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.09%
No (48)
21.82%
Not sure (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads