The Student Room Group

Not feeling great about Jobs :( - need advice

So far this whole job process has been dismal. I’m 16 and on my summer holiday so I’m fully flexible but for some reason can’t find work. I’ve received more than 4 rejections, 2 interviews and one interview tomorrow. I thought by now I would be employed like most of my friends but I feel mentally drained from applying and waiting. I’m still waiting on h and m after two days and I lost a really good interview from a nice store because I ****ed up. I feel down ........ I really want to find a job before college sixth form but so far the summer is almost ending and I’m still in the same position. Any advice and experience? How was your first job? Was the pay good ?
Maybe it's worth doing a bit of volunteering, even for a few days or weeks, to get some experience on your CV. Also, don't be too humble on your CV you've gotta sell yourself to them since they'll be investing money in you. My friends and I have just finished A levels and have been looking for summer jobs and have similar luck to you, just gotta persevere I guess and not be too picky about what you apply for.
Reply 2
Is this a temporary job or full time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending